Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N73 problems

• 06-11-2007 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just checking if anyone else has had similar problems to me with this phone. Its only around 6mths old but I'm having a few issues:

1. When people are talking to me they hear a huge echo - I dont hear it but apparently its pretty annoying
    2. When I take a small video clip, and press stop, it goes "Saving Video clip". However on a lot of occasions it freezes at this, and I have to shut the whole phone down and restart again.
    3. Reception: I was in a shopping centre the other day trying to ring my wife who was in the same shopping centre. I rang about 15 times and just went to her message minder. I sent 2 texts that never only got through later that day. However a relation standing beside me on the same network tried and got through straight away.

I'm going to send the phone back but before I do that I just want to see if any of these are common problems?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Had a Nokia N73 on 3 myself and gave up after similar problems to you. Bought a 3 prepay SE 610i. Unbranded it using wotanserver. Put in my pay monthly sim. Then pestered 3 cs until they allowed me proper internet access (email etc.) and haven't looked back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sarah_g91

Hi there,

Yes, I have some of these problems! Number 2 is exactly what happens to me. Sometimes I can't even turn the phone off when this happens, I have to remove the battery!

I also keep having problems with receiving texts. I can go for days before I realise, by which time I don't know what I've missed!!!!

I am not happy that I am stuck with this phone on an 18 month contract when the product isn't acceptable. Surely they have to either fix the problem or give you a phone that doesn't have them?????

Anyway, please let me know if you discover anything new.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

I had to same problem as you in all 3.....In your point number 3 i think it was a network problem cause i had that aswel...mayb im wrong.......

On another point does,any body know of any update on the web for the nokia n73....An update for the phone may resolve all of this.......

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i had three different nokia n73's all from "3"network and had serious software issues with all three of them it seems three have now updated the software on these phones but they are still way behind the software updates that nokia have available!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i have an n73 andmyself. numbers 1 and 3 on your list sound like network operator problems as opposed to phone problems, especially number 3. I havent had any instances of number 2.

One thing to bare in mind however with the n73 is to close out of things when finished. If you hold down the menu key for a few seconds, it lists all the phone features that are currently "open". (even tho they arent actually open). make sure you exist for example, messaging and your contacts properly, rather than just pressing the hang up key to get out. the more features open, the slower your phone is

im on the o2 network btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

foggy_lad wrote: »
    i had three different nokia n73's all from "3"network and had serious software issues with all three of them it seems three have now updated the software on these phones but they are still way behind the software updates that nokia have available!

Within an Irish context Vodafone and 3 are notorious for slow firmware releases due to their heavy customisation and crippling of handsets. o2 generally comes nice and unaltered as the manufactuer intended.

Has the OP tried using the firmware updater?

http://europe.nokia.com/A4176089?N73

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Cheers folks - somewhat comforting that I'm not the only one with these problems

faceman - which menu key are your referring to? I have all the shortcut keys assigned to different functions. I think the one you are referring to is the top left one around the edge. When I press this for a few seconds I get a small box in the top left of the screen showing standby. Not sure what this is about

I'm going to try update the software and see how things are after that

Thanks again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

TheBazman wrote: »
    Cheers folks - somewhat comforting that I'm not the only one with these problems

faceman - which menu key are your referring to? I have all the shortcut keys assigned to different functions. I think the one you are referring to is the top left one around the edge. When I press this for a few seconds I get a small box in the top left of the screen showing standby. Not sure what this is about

I'm going to try update the software and see how things are after that

Thanks again

yep the button you speak of us the menu key.

sounds like the problem could relate to the network operator's firmware as someone pointed out. Shame, its been a good phone to me

Advertisement