Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Meeting

Options
  • 06-11-2007 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭

A public meeting will be held at the The Clonsilla Inn, on Tuesday 20th November 2007 starting at 8:00pm
    To discuss the recent announcement by Fingal County Council, that they wish to receive submissions from intersted parties for the Council's "Clonsilla Village Urban Centre Strategy"

The meeting is open to all members of the public. There will be also be a number of public representitives in attendance.

This is a unique chance for us the residents of Clonsilla to have our say and make Fingal Co. Co. aware of how we want to see our village, planned and developed over the next number of years.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Thanks for the heads up Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

If your unable to attend the meeting on Tuesday 20th Nov at the Clonsilla Inn 8:00pm. Why not post up your thoughts here, on how you would like to see Clonsilla Village develope in the future.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Won't be at the meeting, and I'm not a resident of Clonsilla, but I hope the parking situation around the train station is addressed. I'd also like to see feeder buses operating from the station to the areas around Ongar and Castaheany.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I don't know if this is within your power but please god, sort out the 39 bus. It is an asbolute joke and a nightmare to use on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

as in send it down the ongar road and not across back in hartstown! :)
    tsk tsk.

No seriously, I agree, that whole road has a deserted 24hr bus lane. Farcical!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Conor-Mr2 wrote: »
    as in send it down the ongar road and not across back in hartstown! :)
    tsk tsk.

No seriously, I agree, that whole road has a deserted 24hr bus lane. Farcical!

What about those in the back of Hartstown!? 39 has been servicing Hartstown et al for a lot longer than Ongar.

Though I do agree, 39 needs a redo.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

What about those in the back of Hartstown!? 39 has been servicing Hartstown et al for a lot longer than Ongar.

Though I do agree, 39 needs a redo.

Ah dob!! :( did ya not notice the tsk tsk :p

I grab the 39 from the Statoil garage myself there but sometimes its easier to just walk down that long boring road and grab a bus at the powercity roundabout!

Feck that tho I mostly just get the train!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Conor-Mr2 wrote: »
    Ah dob!! :( did ya not notice the tsk tsk :p

I grab the 39 from the Statoil garage myself there but sometimes its easier to just walk down that long boring road and grab a bus at the powercity roundabout!

Feck that tho I mostly just get the train!!

;) ah sure that's the joy of the interweb. I work in the Centre, if I have to be in for 9 then walking is faster than the bus. That's if the bus actually stops because they're mostly full.

I'm afraid that this meeting is aimed at what sort of development that will take place in Consilla such as building and infrastructure and what the residents of the area would like to see happening to Clonsilla over the next five to ten years.

At the moment there's not a lot can be done with the buses. However there is a major review been finalised by Dublin Bus at present and as soon as I know something concrete I'll let you all know.

What sort of numbers are you hoping for at the meeting Pat?

• Advertisement

I have given out close to a thousand leaflets to most of the houses in the area so I just hoping as many as possible turn out.

Anyone going to the meeting tonight? I hope to get down, but it depends on when the guy fixing my heating comes.

Thanks to everyone who attended the meeting last night, it was extremely interesting listening to what everyone had to say.

I will post up a report of the meeting very soon.

There was a large turn-out of residents of the Clonsilla Village area at a meeting to discuss the future of the Village and the Area Action Plan to be drawn up by Fingal County Council. The meeting, which was held on Tuesday November 20th, was organised by the Labour Party and was addressed by Joan Burton T.D. and local councillors Peggy Hamill and Michael O’Donovan.

Joan Burton said: “It was really encouraging to see such a high turn-out at the meeting and there were lots of positive and workable suggestions. We all know that there’s been a lot of bad planning when it comes to Clonsilla but there’s a big push for change now. We want to make Clonsilla a better place to live”.

Joan Burton noted that more facilities needed to be provided for residents in the area. “We badly need more facilities for the people in the community, especially young people and old people”.

Joan Burton remarked that any changes to the Village will have to take into account the current traffic situation:
    “The proposed Aldi would have a very negative effect on traffic in the Village. The Village should develop in a way that is geared towards local traffic only, rather than ‘passing through’ traffic. We already have a lot of problems with congestion and don’t want to make it worse. Clonsilla is a place where people are settling and bringing up families, not somewhere that people drive through on the way to somewhere else”.

“Clonsilla is one of the few villages that there are in Dublin 15 and more needs to be done to preserve the character of the Village”.

“Whatever changes are brought it, I think it’s important to maintain the trees and hedgerows of the Village. We have done a lot to save the trees so we wouldn’t like to see them destroyed”.

Joan Burton has a number of suggestions for what could be done to improve the village: “We need a community centre and meeting places for local residents. Also car parking around the station is a major issue – there are only around 72 car parking places planned for Portersgate which is completely inadequate”.

“Additionally it would be great to see the Village opened up to the canal and then using the canal as an amenity, with improved walking facilities and facilities for canoeing”.

Many people at the meeting spoke about the Old Schoolhouse, the unique 3-storey old school building by the canal and railway line. Cllr. Peggy Hamill said that the County Council should be encouraged to acquire it and use it for community purposes.

Councillor Michael O’Donovan spoke about the need for extra school places for children in the area and the demand for good quality housing in the area for people looking to buy a family home for themselves and their children.

Joan Burton emphasised the importance of local residents making submissions for what they’d like to see changed in the Village

“Local people can have a say in how they want the village to look by sending a submission to Fingal County Council by December 6th with any suggestions or ideas that they may have. The Council will do a study guided by what the people of the area have to say. Submissions are free so I’d encourage everyone who has an interest in the Village to send one in”.

No there was no duscsssion of that.

If you want to contact Joan Burton on joan.burton@oireachtas.ie and give her some details. I'm sure she'd be happy to contact Fingal on your behalf.

Advertisement