Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning?

Options
  • 06-11-2007 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055175115

Hi guys,

I am still wondering how i got a warning for this.

I post asking for help, from people who may have been in the same situation as myself.

Get abuse and tell the abuser to either help or fawk off. No abuse back, no PM's yet I get pinned for inappropriated language.

I have not been told if it was for the tone, use of a made up word "Fawk" or what.

All I wanted was a bit of help and got it TBH, and asked the poster to either help or not like
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

He got an infraction too. You were both being bints. You both got what you deserved, or less. In future, report the post.

ED: In fainress, it should have been "Being a spanner", not Inappropriate Language. Ah well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

If you have a problem with another poster, you report the post instead of telling people where to go.
    You weren't banned, you got a warning. I don't see a problem with that. I don't even see why it warrents a thread. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

It's not as if warnings or infractions really matter. They expire...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Beruthiel wrote: »
    If you have a problem with another poster, you report the post instead of telling people where to go.
    You weren't banned, you got a warning. I don't see a problem with that. I don't even see why it warrents a thread. :/

I wanted it explained seeing as it was not obvious to me why.
    Seeing as it was not explained clearly, I wanted to know exactly what i had done incorrectly so that I would not go off and do it again

And, respectfully, I kinda thought what warrents a thread is anything I feel like and not you

Binomate wrote: »

I know,
    I just wanted to know why so that i don't go and do it again like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Unless you collect enough of them within a certain time period.

The automatic banning may not be an issue if you keep your head down for long enough, but the infractions remain on your profile. We can keep tabs of what problems other moderators had with you. Collect enough, and it'll probably be a manual ban.

And, respectfully, I kinda thought what warrents a thread is anything I feel like and not you
    Your probably should have used the Help Desk.
    "Sticky: This is for FEEDBACK. If you have a query, complaint or need help, use the HELPDESK."
    Sticky Blindess strikes again.

Or, since you claim that you wanted was an explanation - would it not have made sense to ask the moderator in question?

Karoma wrote: »
    The automatic banning may not be an issue if you keep your head down for long enough, but the infractions remain on your profile. We can keep tabs of what problems other moderators had with you. Collect enough, and it'll probably be a manual ban.

Your probably should have used the Help Desk.
    "Sticky: This is for FEEDBACK. If you have a query, complaint or need help, use the HELPDESK."
    Sticky Blindess strikes again.

Or, since you claim that you wanted was an explanation - would it not have made sense to ask the moderator in question?

I did ask but have not gotten a reply yet and seeing as i prob have a hell of a lot worse language in previous posts i just wanted to make sure

as for your first point, guilty! sorry i read the one that said READ ME. then posted here

*edit* i added the word "yet" as no doubt he will get back to me at some stage

I did ask but have not gotten a reply and seeing as i prob have a hell of a lot worse language in previous posts i just wanted to make sure
    When did you send the PM?
    I cannot speak for any other moderator; however, I think a lot of "inappropriate" language is overlooked until it's used in an aggressive manner (or seriously overused to the point that it seems intimidating to other posters). The (c)mod seems to have just stepped in with two warnings to calm things down. We can only wait for the mod in question to answer.

as for your first point, guilty! sorry i read the one that said READ ME. then posted here
    Most do it - just expect input / opinions from a lot of other people in Feedback...You won't like some of it. Do you like cats?

It's no big deal; just a heads-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

You were both being bints.

:D

• Advertisement

Slow coach wrote: »

Infract me. ¬_¬

When did you send the PM?
    I cannot speak for any other moderator; however, I think a lot of "inappropriate" language is overlooked until it's used in an aggressive manner (or seriously overused to the point that it seems intimidating to other posters). The (c)mod seems to have just stepped in with two warnings to calm things down. We can only wait for the mod in question to answer.

Most do it - just expect input / opinions from a lot of other people in Feedback...You won't like some of it. Do you like cats?

I sent it on the 2nd, now to be fair I prob did not make myself super clear so I sent another today. I just wanted to see what it would have been for so I asked here (mistakenly). I do not use this place too much and, with there being dozens of forums, just wondered if it were serious or what.

Other forums I use (only 1 really) do not have mods/warnings etc so I am fairly unaccostomed to such

*edit
    More of a dog person myself

Ha

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I wanted it explained seeing as it was not obvious to me why.

Being rude is always obvious no?
    We like to think of boards as the living room of the Admins
    We'd like to think our guests know how to behave.
    We tend to think of most members being adults and don't need to have that explained to to them.
    Of course you will alway find unwanted guests wandering in, but they are shown the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

you told him to **** off. Normally i'd ban you for that.

I was being lenient because the other were dicking about and back seat modding. Thy got infracted too.

You do somebody a favour and they bitch about it....

I can ban you and delete the thread if you prefer?

RuggieBear wrote: »
    you told him to **** off. Normally i'd ban you for that.

I was being lenient because the other were dicking about and back seat modding. Thy got infracted too.

You do somebody a favour and they bitch about it....

I can ban you and delete the thread if you prefer?

Dude I am not being bitchy

I was just looking for clarification so that I would not go doing it again, simple as. I did not want to take the wrong meaning from it and then go do the same thing again. I was going to thank you for not locking the thread but did not as I thought that that would have been like rubbing people up the wrong way

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

groovy.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Being rude is always obvious no?
    We like to think of boards as the living room of the Admins
    We'd like to think our guests know how to behave.
    We tend to think of most members being adults and don't need to have that explained to to them.
    Of course you will alway find unwanted guests wandering in, but they are shown the door.

Excuse me.
    If I would like an explination then I am entitiled to ask for one, it may never come but I can ask for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I knew it, you keep tabs on us. I bet you even know what I had for breakfast. And you sell the information to heartless multimedia companys, so they can put more crap on tv to annoy me further.

Well you can't find me when I wear my tin-foil hat.......

And you can't ruin my fun if I don't have any.......

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

krazy_8s wrote: »
    I knew it, you keep tabs on us. I bet you even know what I had for breakfast. And you sell the information to heartless multimedia companys, so they can put more crap on tv to annoy me further.

Well you can't find me when I wear my tin-foil hat.......

And you can't ruin my fun if I don't have any.......

according to the information in your profile, you didn't have breakfast but had a ham and cheese on brennans for lunch. You then used the tin foil it was wrapped in to make a hat, the stream was cut off at this time..

Brennans, the dairy board and the ham makers have all been informed. The HSE will be on to you with nutrional advice about missing breakfast too..

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Explanation given, all good. Locked.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement