Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread of the day

Options
  • 06-11-2007 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭

Is this just a randomly selected thread?

Don't really get the point of it, but anyhow - today's thread of the day is from PI - should PI threads be excluded?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Thread_of_the_Day

Why should PI threads be exlcuded?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Karoma wrote: »
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Thread_of_the_Day

Why should PI threads be exlcuded?

Not that I'm affected, but I guess that even though it's a public forum, people don't really post there expecting that it could be used as some random thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

eoin_s wrote: »
    Not that I'm affected, but I guess that even though it's a public forum, people don't really post there expecting that it could be used as some random thread.

"Not that I'm affected"...suspicious. ;)

It's just another place that a thread is listed. PI threads are not private. They are still threads. It may draw attention to a helpful thread, or get the OP some more help -perhaps from people that try ignoring PI threads otherwise. *shrug* I see no reason for them to be excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Any thread from an open forum can be chosen.
    PI threads are there for general feedback so I don't see an issue with it be TOTD (not that many people use that feature I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Karoma wrote: »
    "Not that I'm affected"...suspicious. ;)

It's just another place that a thread is listed. PI threads are not private. They are still threads. It may draw attention to a helpful thread, or get the OP some more help -perhaps from people that try ignoring PI threads otherwise. *shrug* I see no reason for them to be excluded.

lol - feel free to run an ip check! It's just something I happened across today, and for some reason I thought that PI was excluded in the past. Not to worry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Did one of your PI threads come up as thread of the day eoin_s? :D

Advertisement