Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HD-DVD add-on for the Xbox 360

• 06-11-2007 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭

This is a bargain in my eyes. Dunno if anyone else will think so!:rolleyes:

Just bought the hd-dvd add-on for the 360 from Gamestop. Cost me €159.99. That's €40 cheaper than Game and €30 cheaper than Virgin.

On top of that, using this link (I've attached a jpg for people with no access in work...like me!), you can send away for 5 free hd-dvds from a choice of 13. I've put the current prices for each disc from play.com in brackets

Choose 2 from:
    Serenity (€23.49)
    Chronicles Of Riddick (€23.49)
    Hulk (€23.49)
    Children Of Men (€27.99)
    F&F : Tokyo Drift (€27.99)

Choose 2 from:
    Troy (€27.99)
    Full Metal Jacket (€27.99)
    Corpse Bride (€27.99)
    The Prestige (€27.99)
    Swordfish (€27.99)

Choose 1 from:
    Black Rain (€37.49)
    Dreamgirls (€37.49)
    World Trade Center (€37.49)

So even taking the two of the cheapest from the first section, any two from the second, and any one from the third, the total in free discs is €140.....player ends up costing €20!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i believe there is a thread in here already about it.

Great deal imo. Pissed of i got my HDDVD player before the offer now:D

yeah there is a thread on this , but isnt there a new drive that is blu ray and HD coming out ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

:D

Top deal that Soarer thanks for posting it with the form and everything,dont have an xbox360 anymore but would be handy for a media centre pc....

Could a Dell E521 with a core 2 duo 1.80ghz,2gb ram,Ati 256mb x1300 pro,Vista Premium,power this?

Read that you need a much more powerful gpu for it?

yeah there is a thread on this , but isnt there a new drive that is blu ray and HD coming out ?
    For an xbox? PC? Standalone?

I have mine connected to my pc .
    You will aslo need a HDDVD software player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nice offer but don't think i'll use it until the price of HD-DVD discs comes down.

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    Nice offer but don't think i'll use it until the price of HD-DVD discs comes down.

but it will look nice on your new tv....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, how true!

Ruggie makes another convincing argument.. damn you!

come to the dark side....

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cruachan7

the pdf form taht you need to print says valid only in the united kingdom. oh well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

cruachan7 wrote: »
    the pdf form taht you need to print says valid only in the united kingdom. oh well!

Schnit!
    Right you are. Coulda sworn I read somewhere that it was open to us too?!?:confused:

Sorry about that. Should help our cross-border friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It is open to us, apparently on of the lads on the xbox forum rang microsoft and asked them and they said yes....

I rang them while ago, and the guy said it's not open to us.

Can't see why it wouldn't be, as it's supposed to be a Europe-wide offer!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

The Toshiba version of this offer is available in Ireland, I think I might get one for X-mas if the X-box is valid here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

This forum is starting to cost me a fortune! Damn it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Zion

sprinkles wrote: »
    This forum is starting to cost me a fortune! Damn it....

Don't worry sprinkles you are not the only one! :o

With that Toshiba offer, if you buy either a UK spec EP30 or EP35, you get two free HD-DVD's in the box with the unit too! They are 300 and Bourne Supremacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

just wondering has anybody used this on a pc? and whats the the thoughts on it? i'm defo thinking about using this on my desktop but only have an old 19" lcd monitor so a bit worried about hdcp

i use mine on a pc...have had no problems with HDCP protection (to the best of my knowledge)
    Admittedly my gfx card and monitor are HDCP compliant but it worked fine on my non hdcp monitor previously.

You need something like power dvd 7.2 to play HD as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

lads... If you have the older xbox 360 can you output hdmi from this add-on or do you have to go through the xbox component? ie does it have its own outputs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

lads... If you have the older xbox 360 can you output hdmi from this add-on or do you have to go through the xbox component? ie does it have its own outputs?

nope it doesnt have its own connections all it has is a power cord and usb cable.

Sweet so i shouldnt have to worry about hdcp encoding. My graphics card is hdcp enabled any way so happy days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement