Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Baby?

Options
  • 06-11-2007 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi there,

I have to go to London for a few months and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Wembley Satdium Station area? I'm looking at a place there to rent for a while but i don't know the city and was wondering if it's a safe anough place to live.

Many thanks for any help you can give me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Tartopher wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have to go to London for a few months and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Wembley Satdium Station area? I'm looking at a place there to rent for a while but i don't know the city and was wondering if it's a safe anough place to live.

Many thanks for any help you can give me!

I've a friend Living in Willesden Green. You can see Wembley stadium from his house. It seemed nice enough. it wasn't super posh or anything but we felt safe enough walking around. That's three tube stops from Wembley park tube stop. Hope that helps a little!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Cheiftan

I used to work at Wembley when the new stadium was being built and the general Wembley area would'nt be my choice of area to live in.

As Watna said Willesden green is only three stops away on the Jubliee from Wembley park station , however Willeseden is another touch and go area.
    The area from the tube station going down Walm lane towards Cricklewood broadway is fine as is any of the side streets off it , however going from the tube station to Harlesden is dodgy ( IMHO) and gets dodgier the closer you get to Harlesden ( Harlesden is North Londons answer to Brixton )

The area around Hampstead is nice , it would be roughly 10-15 mins walk to Kilburn tube and that takes you out to wembley park in 12 mins more or less , except when the dreaded leaves on the tracks announcement is made !!

Hampstead is expensive though as is all of london for any decent standard of accomodation.

Best of luck , you'll enjoy it as its a great city :D

Advertisement