Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Briarhill SC

Options
  • 06-11-2007 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hi, was just wondering since Dunnes opened last month in Briarhill, what was peoples verdict on the new centre, Parking, Queues etc, also does anyone know if anything decent is planning on opening there, eg restaurants, sports/fashion stores, Music shops etc????? at the moment its as poorly served as the terryland centre.. lucky us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Jammyd wrote: »
    Hi, was just wondering since Dunnes opened last month in Briarhill, what was peoples verdict on the new centre, Parking, Queues etc, also does anyone know if anything decent is planning on opening there, eg restaurants, sports/fashion stores, Music shops etc????? at the moment its as poorly served as the terryland centre.. lucky us

havn't been inside there myself yet but the exterior reminds me of a British Army installation in the North of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Ya its pretty clinical lookin alright, its definitely a missed oppurtunity for a Gateway landmark into the city, supposingly there will be further expansion and development around the centre, hopefully this will improve it somewhat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

what part of the city is briarhill again?

Out past the race course by the roundabout, beside Doughuisce

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

"Out past the race course by the roundabout, beside Doughuisce "

ah right!!

What the story with new shopping centres opening up everywhere and nothing worthwhile in any of them!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Fairly cool inside,but the place looks pure sterile

ya its mad two new centres opened within weeks of each other, one approx 14000 sq m in knocknacarra and the 20000 sq m briarhill complex and the only new thing we got was a medium sized B&Q

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Parking and entry/exit layout is crap, causes long delays, and it's almost impossible to turn right from the shopping center going back to the roundabout.

They could have really thought this one through a bit better, considering that that 'junction' is a desaster at the best of times...

But apart from that, I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I like Briarhill. I think the long term plan will be to sell off Terryland if they can get it re-zoned??????????
    I remember when Terryland opened; it was the biggest Department Store in the Republic.

Advertisement