Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Squad vs Wales

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Don't be surprised if most of the "Big Name" players pull out of the game with mysterious injuries. It's a nothing game. I know we're aiming for 3rd and all but still...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

im headin over for the match. Im goin over friday, back on sunday.
    Can any of ye advise me on some good pubs and clubs in the city center:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm going too. Can't say I'm all that excited though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

i booked it before the slovak and czech matches, thinking it would be a good idea:rolleyes: Ah well weekend away from the missus drinkin beer. Could think of a lot worse things to do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Eh what if Ireland win, say, 4 - 0 - I would not be supprised if the FAI look to appoint Givens as Ireland manager......:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

darkman2 wrote: »
    Eh what if Ireland win, say, 4 - 0 - I would not be supprised if the FAI look to appoint Givens as Ireland manager......:eek:

I stopped reading when you said "4-0". It won't happen. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Looks like Dunney is an injury doubt now. Did his calf on Sunday playing for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I've heard that there will be C.45,000 empty seats.... Nothing official yet to my knowledge..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

jameshayes wrote: »
    I've heard that there will be C.45,000 empty seats.... Nothing official yet to my knowledge..

No surprise really. I'd say there would have been 45000 missing from Croker for vCyprus if the tickets hadn't already been paid for.

Saturdays game will be even more of a non-event.

• Advertisement

why is Don Givens managing this game BTW. The u21's have a match on Friday - is that not more important than a meaning'less game?

why is Don Givens managing this game BTW. The u21's have a match on Friday - is that not more important than a meaning'less game?

We can still theoretically finish 6th in the group if we lose this game by 2 and other results go against us. Deflated as we are ut's still a more important game than a u21 match even tho in the public imagination it's meaningless.

Pigman II wrote: »
    We can still theoretically finish 6th in the group if we lose this game by 2 and other results go against us. Deflated as we are ut's still a more important game than a u21 match even tho in the public imagination it's meaningless.

But we need to win our U21 game for a chance to qualify... we have 0 points from 2 games so far...

But we need to win our U21 game for a chance to qualify... we have 0 points from 2 games so far...

I think if I had a choice of finishing 3rd in this senior group or qualifying from a U21 group I'd take the former.

Pigman II wrote: »
    I think if I had a choice of finishing 3rd in this senior group or qualifying from a U21 group I'd take the former.

Personally i think the U21's are more important at the moment - those lads need as much experience and exposure as possible so that we can have a better senior squad in the future...

But hey, i'm no coach so i could be way off the mark!

Advertisement