Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soul Sister No.1 Returns to Ireland with Japanese

Options
  • 06-11-2007 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

marva-HBE_02.jpg

Marva Whitney & Osaka Monaurail Friday 23rd November The Sugar Club, Leeson Street Dublin2 Doors 8pm Admission 22.50 on the door or
    online via www.tickets.ie www.ticketmaster.ie Doors 8pm

These two links should seal the deal for you Link 1 Link 2, failing that, listen the the audio on our website and the pics from our last show. Marvellous Marva Whitney was James Browns Soul Sister No.1 - Fact. Notorious for her massive gospel voice, stage presence and energy. Marva recently released an amazing album with highly lauded Japanese funk band Osaka Monaurail titled 'I Am What I Am'( Osaka fans include Gilles P., Keb Darge, Jools Holland and John Peel R.I.P).
    Only 3 of these shows are taking place worldwide, London's Jazz Cafe, a show in Paris and of course Dublin. We are truly honoured to have such a mouth watering show lined up for you. This is knock your socks-off dynamite soul-funk of the highest pedigree. A 10-piece band from Japan are not coming here to look good, they are coming to blow you away and with Soul Sister No.1 on vox - its a bonafide sureshot! Expect classics like 'Its My Thing', 'Sonny' and 'Unwind Yourself' for good measure. There will be plenty of new and exclusive material to hear at this show. This gig is for fans of The Godfather James Brown, Lynn Collins, Sweet Charles, Aretha Franklin, Marlena Shaw and all the soul legends of yesteryear. Fans of new schoolers like Beyonce, Amy Winehouse & Joss Stone need to be checking this show out to understand the roots of soul music, Marva Whitney is an idol to all of them. We have some up to date live footage for you and some clips from yesteryear to get you in the mood - Tickets are advised and on sale now from usual outlets.

Advertisement