Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Halfords...

Options
  • 06-11-2007 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Quick question......Is it true that mechanics can get a trade discount card for halfords and if so how do you go about it..????

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jame5_b

yea they do a discount on parts only such as brake pads, oil and filters but theres no discount on sat navs or cd players or anything like that. you have to sign up with them and get a card to get the discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Lewe

do you just go in and say i'm a mechanic i wanna get a discount card????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Why would you go buy stuffs from Halford (Retail shop) as a mechanic as you can get parts from your local distributor?

i know i was just curious thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

I went into them when they opened and guy behind the counter had a T-shirt onthat said " ASK ME ABOUT A TRADE CARD " so i did and he told me id get 30% off all service parts. so i asked him can i get one? "are you in the trade he asked". i said yes, "who do you work for" he then asked. i said myself! so all i had to supply was my name and address and i got the card.
    Of course, im not a mechanic and only buy parts for my own car :)
    very handy for filters and stuff. i probably spend the same ammount as normal as i generally change them more often than recommended because it not that expensive. Did my last service on primera all filters and oil for something like 55E.

If you are lucky you can also get the new members of staff who tend to give 30% off everthing :D

as for real mechanics using them i think it would be for emergency parts on a saturday eve when everone else is closed

• Advertisement

i'm thinking of getting one because halfords in liffey valley is 2 or 3 minutes from my house and i was stuck last night for brake pads and discs..halfords were charging me 90 euro for the lot so i said no...then went to where i usually get my all my parts and got the lot for 40 euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Lewe wrote: »
    ...halfords were charging me 90 euro for the lot so i said no...then went to where i usually get my all my parts and got the lot for 40 euro...

Hi Lewe, where did you get them in the end?

Advertisement