Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Friendly Warning to poor, bad and disgracfull Drivers!

Options
  • 06-11-2007 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Stand in front of a mirror. Take along hard look at the person looking back at you.... nice eh:rolleyes: good lookin. :)
    Do you really value what you see, do you? Prove it!
    I've been driving since i was 17, 42 now. In that time i've racked up 20 yrs on bikes 25 in cars and 12 yrs in hgv's.
    Yup, Still here :D
    If you really ****ing give a **** about people.
    If you really ****ing think people matter.
    PROVE IT!
    Then get behind the wheel of your vehicle and drive properly.

Please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

you may as well talk to the wall with some drivers out there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Dragman wrote: »
    Stand in front of a mirror. Take along hard look at the person looking back at you.... nice eh:rolleyes: good lookin. :)

Someone's personal worth amounts to how well they drive.

How exactly would a statement like that make anyone contemplate their driving skills

Also there's a swear filter for a reason, asterisks dont count as censoring, the message is still quite clear. Every forum i see everyone feels the need to somehow go around the swear filter

I really cant see the point of swearing on a public forum, its doesnt make you sound any bit more angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

There was an accident on the N7 at Johnstown last night as I went home. I had just pulled -safely- into the middle lane (was in the outside lane) after noticing that the outside lane was at a standstill, last car 500yds in front had hazards on and was stopped in a queue.

Seconds later after I pulled into middle lane, was slowly passing that last car in the outside lane, when I heard a massive screech of tyres and skid.
    The car behind me in the outside lane from moments earlier had NOT SEEN that last stopped car in front of him on a long straight stretch with brake lights on and hazards flashing. They ploughed into the back of them at about 40+mph and then bounced into the side of the truck behind me.

A lot of drivers in this country need to wake up and realise that they're in control of weapons when they drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dragman

slade_x wrote: »
    Someone's personal worth amounts to how well they drive.

How exactly would a statement like that make anyone contemplate their driving skills

Also there's a swear filter for a reason, asterisks dont count as censoring, the message is still quite clear. Every forum i see everyone feels the need to somehow go around the swear filter

I really cant see the point of swearing on a public forum, its doesnt make you sound any bit more angry.

Either you understand what i'm trying to get accross
    or you are one of those type of drivers who unfortunately
    dont see the light.
    looking in the mirror is one thing but having respect for your own life and others would apply to all your activities driving or not.
    As for the swearing, who dosent. and you still took notice of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

scaldybelt wrote: »
    There was an accident on the N7 at Johnstown last night as I went home. I had just pulled -safely- into the middle lane (was in the outside lane) after noticing that the outside lane was at a standstill, last car 500yds in front had hazards on and was stopped in a queue.

Seconds later after I pulled into middle lane, was slowly passing that last car in the outside lane, when I heard a massive screech of tyres and skid.
    The car behind me in the outside lane from moments earlier had NOT SEEN that last stopped car in front of him on a long straight stretch with brake lights on and hazards flashing. They ploughed into the back of them at about 40+mph and then bounced into the side of the truck behind me.

A lot of drivers in this country need to wake up and realise that they're in control of weapons when they drive.

I think theres a difference between two types of driver.

1. A person that doesn't know that their in the wrong because they were never educated or trained on how to follow the rules of the road.

2. The person who just doesnt care and will take a chance.

Personally i don't think its person 1's fault since they don't know any better. Its like the 80's when cigarettes were cool.

Person two should have their license taken off them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I've spent all the day in front of the mirror doing Travis Bickle impersonations, will that do? I mean the bit about "wiping the scum off the streets" is largely interchangeable with better driving standards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Snarler

I've been driving since i was 17, 42 now. In that time i've racked up 20 yrs on bikes 25 in cars and 12 yrs in hgv's.
    Yup, Still here :D
    If you really ****ing give a **** about people.
    If you really ****ing think people matter.
    PROVE IT!
    Then get behind the wheel of your vehicle and drive properly.

Please.

Are you trying to do an Alan Partrige impression?
    'Is this cool? How about this, is he cool?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_z5wbwSBIc

Are you going to follow up on your warning if people don't obey?

Snarler wrote: »
    Are you trying to do an Alan Partrige impression?
    'Is this cool? How about this, is he cool?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_z5wbwSBIc

Are you going to follow up on your warning if people don't obey?

Very funny.

Now explain how funny you are to all the relatives of DEAD people who have lost their live on the roads.

I sincerely hope you dont, but someday you might learn the hard way.
    Or even worse....... someone realllllly close to you.

Just got shivers down your spine did'nt you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

The best line I heard yesterday was...

"If someone kills another person with a car, it's usually an accident, even if drink is involved."

When one person has such an attitude, we are all F**KED.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

This is an odd thread. The OP sounds really creepy. I think I'll stick to checking my rear view mirrors. That advice might be more useful for most drivers to improve road safety.

• Advertisement

1. A person that doesn't know that their in the wrong because they were never educated or trained on how to follow the rules of the road.

Personally i don't think its person 1's fault since they don't know any better. Its like the 80's when cigarettes were cool.

Person two should have their license taken off them.[/QUOTE]

It's great they way people can analyse others..

At the end of the day accidents dont JUST happen.

People.... ultimately people, just ordinary people are the

only one who can control the outcome.

So....... go on control your own future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

craichoe wrote: »
    I think theres a difference between two types of driver.

Person two should have their license taken off them.

I which case they should get proper driving lessons from a reputable company or instructor, when you consider that basic road safety is simply common sense the only excuse someone could have for falling into the first category is they don't have them mental capacity to drive in which case they shouldn't be driving.

DonJose wrote: »
    The best line I heard yesterday was...

"If someone kills another person with a car, it's usually an accident, even if drink is involved."

When one person has such an attitude, we are all F**KED.

Too true. i dont know who you are quoting but if it's a politician.

Then we are truly done for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ho-hum

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

The idiots you're trying to address won't respond to that kind of clap trap. Jail sentences, that's what we need. Normal people going to jail. Yeah, the death penalty. Jailtime with mandatory preaching. Crochéd doilies and bible breakfasts. Repent ye sinners.

Bring back JFK....All is forgiven old son.....

Bleugh.

You really are a drag, man.

Have you written much amateur theatre by any chance?

I'm going to check my toolbox now....I think there's a spanner on the loose.

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    The idiots you're trying to address won't respond to that kind of clap trap. Jail sentences, that's what we need. Normal people going to jail. Yeah, the death penalty. Jailtime with mandatory preaching. Crochéd doilies and bible breakfasts. Repent ye sinners.

Bring back JFK....All is forgiven old son.....

Bleugh.

You really are a drag, man.

Have you written much amateur theatre by any chance?

I'm going to check my toolbox now....I think there's a spanner on the loose.

See you on the OTHER side......
    Although, you'll have to wait a long time before i ketch up with you.

We know who the real amateurs behind the wheels are.

It's easy to see what your state of mind is behind the wheel.... sniffff.........sniffffff

BLOW ME!

By the way watch out fo the LR drivers
    Did you say you were generally good to people... HA

No witnesses to the mishap eh

It's at times like this people like you realise how bleedin bad society has gotten

No witnesses cos no one cared.

What goes around comes around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Nope - I'm good. Anyone else missing a big feckin' tool? Don't know what it is though....probably a quality control reject I guess. Good for smacking with a hammer I'd reckon if you need a bit of a dense object to soften the blow.

Or soft from the blow.

Anyway, I'm off now to find a mirror. I'm a baaaaaaad boy. I need to take a long hard look at myself. Bold Gilly. You're a very bold Gilly. Look in that mirror and think about what you did. 51 in a 50. You little turd burger. Bad Gilly....You're going to hell. In a pink dress.

<twitch>

....waiting for the thread lock.....

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    Nope - I'm good. Anyone else missing a big feckin' tool? Don't know what it is though....probably a quality control reject I guess. Good for smacking with a hammer I'd reckon if you need a bit of a dense object to soften the blow.

Or soft from the blow.

Anyway, I'm off now to find a mirror. I'm a baaaaaaad boy. I need to take a long hard look at myself. Bold Gilly. You're a very bold Gilly. Look in that mirror and think about what you did. 51 in a 50. You little turd burger. Bad Gilly....You're going to hell. In a pink dress.

<twitch>

....waiting for the thread lock.....

WAYYYYYY OOOUUUTTTTTT TTTTHHHEEERRREEE

SPACE CADET

STEELE ORGAN! who's a tool now, "SPIKE" A bit stiff are'nt ye.... ha ha ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Snarler

Very funny.

Now explain how funny you are to all the relatives of DEAD people who have lost their live on the roads.

I sincerely hope you dont, but someday you might learn the hard way.
    Or even worse....... someone realllllly close to you.

Just got shivers down your spine did'nt you.
    Big deal, you know peoole that have died on the roads. Same as every oher person here. Some of us stilll mangage to keep some perspective and a sense of humour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I think one of these is in order!

Padllock.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement