Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forget the car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

but ever since I got myself a 50-mpg diesel BMW, I can sit happily in a leather seat in traffic jams listening to an audio-book.
    just thinking back over this post - I get 20miles to the litre (energy drink and water ) = 90MPG, have a leather seat too, and can also listen to audio-books on the way. Only difference is a) I don't have to sit in traffic and b) I didn't waste a fortune on a BMW to sit in the traffic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

kenmc wrote: »
    just thinking back over this post - I get 20miles to the litre (energy drink and water ) = 90MPG, have a leather seat too, and can also listen to audio-books on the way. Only difference is a) I don't have to sit in traffic and b) I didn't waste a fortune on a BMW to sit in the traffic :D

Winner!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

YES!
    kodute wrote: »
    The worst thing about the cycle commute... pulling up to a red light behind a bus then have the thing spew a cloud of black smoke in you face. :mad: Hurry up electric vehicles!
    That and the rain...

[mini-rant] Or when you overtake those slow cyclists (that doesnt bother me) only for them to overtake you at a red-light and wait in front of you, thus having to squeeze by them again. GRRRRR. [/rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 flippythewarvet

Well, I did it and loved it, the amount of cars I went by with one person in each car was unreal.

Good move, now you can join us cyclists as we look down on motorists hauling their lazy flabby carcasses around the m50 at 5 miles an hour. Its amazing how quickly you get used to cycling, soon youll be looking forward to your cycle home from work. Just dont let the winter wind and rain put you off, the rest of the year more than makes up for it. Try to get a good breathable rainjacket (try your local bike shop) it should help a lot. Happy biking!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

I get 20miles to the litre (energy drink and water ) = 90MPG
    (I was trying to calculate this all the way home last night...)
    You should be getting about 1500mpg (one gallon of fuel ~= 35 kebab + chips), so all you need now is a Brooks B17 leather saddle and a season ticket to Iskander's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

rp wrote: »
    (I was trying to calculate this all the way home last night...)
    You should be getting about 1500mpg (one gallon of fuel ~= 35 kebab + chips), so all you need now is a Brooks B17 leather saddle and a season ticket to Iskander's
    Yeah but the increased weight of the re-inforced bike would reduce the economy due to the increased energy expended moving the beast. I'll stick to energy drinks and a banana :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

What is ur route??

Advertisement