Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The PI forum

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Both smart arse one liners...there's a surprise.

*goes off to post in PI about increasing lack of originality*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

I've lurked there a few times but I've never posted. I'm sure some day I'll be able to offer someone advice over there though.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055149898

Technically you have :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's great for passing the time in work. I've made a couple of replies there, but not in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Gordon wrote: »
    Marry me.

<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

bluewolf wrote: »
    5 min long ones, eh...

also, I post in there often enough to give advice
    never ask in there though

Yah its quite simple really, nothing too metaphysical, breathing sound and movement.

I friend actually came when we were doing the dynamic meditation. We were juts brethaing rapidly into the chakras, not even touching and boom off she went.

Marksie wrote: »
    Yah its quite simple really, nothing too metaphysical, breathing sound and movement.

I friend actually came when we were doing the dynamic meditation. We were juts brethaing rapidly into the chakras, not even touching and boom off she went.

I have actually tried doing breathing stuff during - it made a difference but I haven't tried it much yet

...okayyy enough OT stuff

PI is great, yeah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭TheJoker

Wibbs is the man! ...or woman. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think there are people who post on PI that give excellent advice. I posted an anonymous thread one time about some rough stuff I was going through and the replies made me feel INFINITELY better.

I give advice on it often enough.

I don't think any replies are useless or uninformed (apart from the trolling ones). Those who are genuine seem to put a lot of thought and trouble into their answers. Generally, people won't reply unless they know what they're talking about. I'm very selective and careful about the threads on which I post replies. And of course it’s heavily moderated for any inappropriate advice, however well intentioned.

This mindset of "it's not a real problem, take a look around you, think of the starving children in x country" is crap. If a problem is a problem, then it needs to be looked at in context. It's all relative.

The idiots who treat it like After Hours can be very trying - someone suggested they just post useless, unfunny crap for the thrill. I'd say some of them don't even bother reading the charter and assume any forum on Boards is fair game. Awful ignorance. It must be so difficult to be a Personal Issues mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Gordon wrote: »
    You have posted once this year and once last year.

Seems upon more digging that those threads were moved from AH after I posted, well definitely the condom one and I'm pretty sure that the only reason the other one is locked is because there was too much AH-ness in it before it was moved and it didn't work on the PI board, even though it was a PI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

From the title of this thread, I thought we had a private investigator forum:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

387 posts there. I've replied and OP'd, and anon-ed. I had to take a break for a while, as AH got into my head, and I couldn't help but get the AH reply, now I can seperate them though. For the most part, the advice is good.

Advertisement