Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

masters funding for expats?

• 06-11-2007 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

so im going to be coming home and am looking into masters in philosophy. i have been in the us forever, and not so sure as to where the best sources might be?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

slap/dash wrote: »
    so im going to be coming home and am looking into masters in philosophy. i have been in the us forever, and not so sure as to where the best sources might be?

thanks in advance

Most funding is for research degrees unfortunately, so there may not be much that you can apply for as a Masters student, unless you quality for Local Authority grants. I don't really know what the deal is with them but I'm sure someone else will be happy to enlighten you! Different universities and departments sometimes have their own in house scholarship schemes (though usually with fairly limited funding!) too so check with the universities you are thinking of applying to as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

thanks. ill look into that. haha i dont suppose you can take a masters while collecting the dole like you used to be able to do for a batchelors a few years back???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

If you did that technically it could be illegal.

Mod note: no illegality here please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

Red Alert wrote: »
    If you did that technically it could be illegal.

Mod note: no illegality here please :)

why do you assume i am talking about anything illegal? that was a legitimate program when i was at dit. i really dont understand the need for that post.??? are these boards moderated THAT heavilly that something that was innocent is assumed to be illegal? ridiculous

Advertisement