Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

W210 E Class, service B and A question

Options
  • 06-11-2007 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone out there with a W210 Eclass (mines an 01 E320).

Just wondering whats the difference between a service B and service A both in terms of the actual service and the cost, and anyone got any recs about where to go?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

B = BIG cost (!). A is the regular service - pads, discs, oil all checked. There is a list online of the things gone through on the A.

The B has more extensive checks and includes things like changing plugs (there are two for each cylinder, can add around €150-200). They need changing every 60000km, etc., . Again, there is a list.

Cost of a basic A service would be around €300 with maybe two hours labour. B service could be €500. However, what needs to be changed adds the cost significantly. E.g., discs: on the W210, usually at a B service, and will cost around €120-160 depending on the type you want and front or rear. So you can see, a couple of discs and a plug change can make a B service run €1k easily. This is how much I would budget for in a service (I used to have one).

I can recommend two places, one in Dublin and one in Galway. If your car is out of warranty there is little point in using a dealership in my experience.

(i) Dublin: Terry Ryan (Deansgrange)
    (ii) Galway: Auto Motion (Liosban Industrial Park)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

PoleStar wrote: »
    anyone got any recs about where to go?
    It might be better if you gave a rough location - it would be pointless recommending a place in Tralee if you live in Belfast!

Advertisement