Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Broadband - What am I missing?

• 06-11-2007 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Vodafone have a 500MB monthly Add On for €9.99 while 3 have a 250MB Add On for €9.99. Can someone please explain to me what the catch is? I read on the Vodafone website (when it eventually loaded) that you have to use vodafone live as the access point which will give an "adapted experience" meaning it tailors full pages for mobile. Is this not a good thing or is it "wall gardened"(if that is the correct term) or is there something I'm missing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i suppose the catch is that you have to sign up to a vodafone contract which is a lot more expensive than a 3 one.

also, 3 don't actually stop you at 250mb. i have the 100mb add on on pre pay and i've downloaded massively in excess of 100mb over more nearly two months (it's supposed to last a month)

of course 3 is 3 and i would recommend them only to bertie ahern, because i hate him

if i was choosing a contract specifically for data i'd go with the vodafone one despite the additional expense of the calls. but i don't have a contract phone so i won't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The Live APN would be more restrictive and you might find that certain services might not work (I've not tested but maybe FTP / P2P.. or something ...).

Also I think I remember someone mentioning before that images etc are all compressed and there's nothing you can do to make them better quality.

Advertisement