Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your favourite drink.

2»

Comments

There are much much better ciders available than Bulmers. For everyone who has mentioned Bulmers I urge you to try Kopperberg or Rekorderlig. You will wonder what the hell you were doing drinking that battery acid called Bulmers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Cocktails- the elctric blue from TGIs is lovely. Most blue drinks are nice. Blue is a good flavour. Fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭WildIrishRose

Morgan spiced rum with lucozade...... and weges of lime help the taste too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Pint of Guinness or Miller.
    Short would have to be Jack D and Coke or Brandy & Baileys/Ginger

If i'm on a session and feeling a bit tired I find a pint bottle of Bulmers and a can of red bull picks me right up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ah another from the southern hemisphere! Prefer Toohey's Extra Dry to the New but Pure Blonde FTW.
    I hate all Toohey's lagers.

Carlton Draught was my regular tipple, then Hahn Premium or a nice Crownie.

Large Bottle of Guinness off the shelf is my drink of choice, but most pubs don't stock it.

So, pint of guinness, or Becks Vier.

Maybe a pint bottle of Bulmers.

At home, it's Fuller's London Pride.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

A single plum, floating in perfume, served in a mans hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Bolly. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Double bacardi with the tiniest splash of coke and if there's no coke around I"ve been know to just drink it straight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭R33F

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lovin the premixes you get over here. Jim Bean and coke sold in stubbies. Can't beat it.

Miss the proper Guinness from back home and my pints of Carlsberg.

Bundy Dry and Lime if I am going on the cans ;)

Guiness and Carlsberg were my two drinks of choice when I was living over there.
    DesF wrote: »
    I hate all Toohey's lagers.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Repent now DesF !! Repent now and the Tooheys Gods might forgive you !!

• Advertisement

R33F wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Repent now DesF !! Repent now and the Tooheys Gods might forgive you !!
    Meh, they're average at best.

Now, my all time favourite beer, in the world, ever, is a lovely one from New Zealand called Monteiths. It's a small brewery in Greymouth in the northwest of the South island, they do a range of beers, all of them great (they even do a Raddler, Lemon and Lime beer, which is not half bad), but my absolute favourite is the Black.

9396.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Meh, they're average at best.

Now, my all time favourite beer, in the world, ever, is a lovely one from New Zealand called Monteiths. It's a small brewery in Greymouth in the northwest of the South island, they do a range of beers, all of them great (they even do a Raddler, Lemon and Lime beer, which is not half bad), but my absolute favourite is the Black.

9396.jpg

Woo Hooo.. You must have done the brewery tour in Greymouth as well.. In fairness Greymouth was a pretty drab place aside from the beer and the weird hostel with rooms named after animals.
    I remember some guy in the pub telling me that it rained 2 out of 3 days a year there. That would be sh!t, oh wait i'm back living in Ireland.........

Agree on the tooheys comment too. I don't have much time for it. After work beers demanded Crownies or Bluetongue or if we were lucky, Resch's.

Also enjoyed the Speights brewery in Dunedin. Tour guide was a legend who loved ripping the p!ss out of the Americans on the tour because they created Coors and Bud!

ibh wrote: »
    Woo Hooo.. You must have done the brewery tour in Greymouth as well..
    Yep I did, went to the bbq afterwards too. The sausage eating record is mine :D
    In fairness Greymouth was a pretty drab place aside from the beer and the weird hostel with rooms named after animals.
    Heh, Noah's Ark. I stayed in the Monkey Room, were you on a Magic Bis tour by any chance?

Agree on the tooheys comment too. I don't have much time for it. After work beers demanded Crownies or Bluetongue or if we were lucky, Resch's.
    :eek: Jaysis, I forgot all about Resch's. Yep, the Tea Gardens in Bondi Junction for a Resch's. Great Friday afternoons.
    Also enjoyed the Speights brewery in Dunedin. Tour guide was a legend who loved ripping the p!ss out of the Americans on the tour because they created Coors and Bud!
    Speight's isn't a very nice beer.

But yeah, Dunedin is a good place, especially the Cadbury's factory with the chocolate waterfall. I nearly did an Augustus Gloop :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I remember going to a brewery in an old castle outside Koblenz in Germany a few years ago. That's all I can remember as the beer was so good I over indulged. :D

Yea i was on the Magic bus tour. Really enjoyed it as well. Didn't have enough time in NZ though, only 3 weeks. Plus it was fcuking freezing even though it was November. Had a legend of a bus driver who enjoyed drinking late into the night with us before getting up the next day to drive us..

Yea, heading to Sydney on 27th of Dec for 3 weeks to visit the bro who just moved there. Get my quota of Australian beer into me.. Might also enjoy some nice winter weather..

smashey wrote: »
    I remember going to a brewery in an old castle outside Koblenz in Germany a few years ago. That's all I can remember as the beer was so good I over indulged. :D

Exactly how a brewery tour should end.:)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Yea i was on the Magic bus tour. Really enjoyed it as well. Didn't have enough time in NZ though, only 3 weeks. Plus it was fcuking freezing even though it was November. Had a legend of a bus driver who enjoyed drinking late into the night with us before getting up the next day to drive us..

Yea, heading to Sydney on 27th of Dec for 3 weeks to visit the bro who just moved there. Get my quota of Australian beer into me.. Might also enjoy some nice winter weather..

Magic Bus tour rocked, and i loved that animal hostel! Although I fell off the trampoline having over indulged. Drinking and bouncing do not mix.

Yea i was on the Magic bus tour. Really enjoyed it as well. Didn't have enough time in NZ though, only 3 weeks.
    Same as me actually.
    Plus it was fcuking freezing even though it was November.
    Er, I was there in June. We were snowed in at Dunedin at one stage, bus wouldn't leave.
    You bastard.

You bastard.

Yea that is the reaction that most people have given me..!
    Truth is, it's costing me a fcuking fortune. And if it wasn't for his spare room then i couldn't afford it. Hostel prices were up at $70 a night for a dorm over xmas and nye.:eek:

Now all i have to do is get the holiday time from work. Probably should have done that before now, but today is going to be the day to ask...

Until you mentioned the Tea Gardens I had forgotten about the hot-dogs they serve there late on friday night. How good were they, especially after 15 schooners..

maple wrote: »
    Magic Bus tour rocked, and i loved that animal hostel! Although I fell off the trampoline having over indulged. Drinking and bouncing do not mix.

Just remembered that it was in the Noah's Ark Hostel that i woke up in the middle of the night to a banging on the door. It was our bus driver in his jocks, after he locked himself out, sleepwalking!! Great start to the tour when i saw him in the drivers seat the next day!!!

Until you mentioned the Tea Gardens I had forgotten about the hot-dogs they serve there late on friday night. How good were they, especially after 15 schooners..
    Ah man, thanks for that memory! :)

Yeah, I loved them alright.

Although, there was a place across the road from the Cock and Bull that used to get Irish curry sauce imported. Loved that place too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

You think it's bad in Dublin take a trip to Sligo. Drinks like budvar and erdinger are rarer than hens teeth. I've only seen one place that sells them and that's closed know and even then they were warm. :(

you obviously dont frequent mc garrigles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Ah man, thanks for that memory! :)

Yeah, I loved them alright.

Although, there was a place across the road from the Cock and Bull that used to get Irish curry sauce imported. Loved that place too.
    Ah the memories. What was the name of that place? Guaranteed to be at least one drunk irish person in there at all times with curry going everywhere.

Tea Gardens and the Cock'n'Bull. The memories would bring a tear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

I may be set in my ways but when available (I can't often afford it) I love to spoil myself with Jameson 18 year old. F**kin' beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Tannenzäpfle

383_0.jpg

and Maisel's

4560.jpg

and to finish the night, a few Lagavulin

lagavulin.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Lenin

I would usually have heineken or budweiser but lately I'm after gettin a taste for black rum and coke. Brings out the pirate in me... :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Lenin wrote: »
    I would usually have...budweiser

We'll have none of that filthy talk around here!

Advertisement