Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pvc Window Lock Broken

Options
  • 06-11-2007 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi all

Its my first post so hopefully I'm following all the rules and posting in the right area!! Anyway as per the title, I seem to have broken the locking system on a bedroom window and we are having to wedge the window closed at night.

As far as I know the lock is known as an "espag" lock. It is not really a security issue as we are a couple of floors up in an apartment block with a fair drop outside the window.

Firstly, is this a problem which could be fixed by myself or would professional help be a better option. If so could you recommend any companies. By the way i'm in south Dublin.

Secondly, due to height would the window have to be taken out as there is no balcony outside, the window also opens outwards.

Thanks, would really appreciate any help on this issue

Advertisement