Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex-Girlfriend Pregnant

Options
  • 06-11-2007 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello all,

Im finding it hard to get some clear advice on the situation I'm in so I thought I'd post this and try and get some feedback.

Some background: A while after myself and my ex-girlfriend ended an irreconcilable relationship I found out she was pregnant. There seems to be plenty of advice out there dealing with situations after the baby is born, but I can't find much on dealing with the situation before the baby is born.

I don't want to colour things by summarising the diverging opinions on the matter, Im just trying to do whats best in a difficult situation...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I have been in a similiar situation only i was the pregnant one. Baring in mind hormones are all over the place - I found the most helpful thing for me was just knowing he was there, going for scans etc..

It can be a very emotional time all round so for me the fact that there was a lot of communication and he was there at the birth really helped..

Difficult times ahead but its do-able....

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

A difficult situation for you both OP.

I suppose you should be as supportive as you can & as loop suggested bear in mind all those hormones racing round the place causing havoc!

Best of luck

Advertisement