Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL speed issue

Options
  • 06-11-2007 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just signed up with NTL and was getting 3M speed for the past few days but tonight its as low as 800K. Anyone else having trouble with speeds tonight ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

My NTL connection (Galway City) is shockingly slow tonight - I'm on the 6Mbit package and right now my 512Kbit uplink is faster than my downlink. Where are you?

I rarely have speed problems with them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Yeah, Im on 3M and my upload is still good but download is crap.

Im in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

DinoBot wrote: »
    Yeah, Im on 3M and my upload is still good but download is crap.

Im in Dublin

read the sticky on top of page

ntl is gone to the dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

This isn't just torrent traffic shaping as discussed in the sticky. General traffic (http, speed tests, etc) is well down on what it normally is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I'm on 6Mb myself, most stuff only coming in at ~1Mb though, fastest I've seen this evening was just over 2Mb. Upload is grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I am on the 6Mb connection 199702981.png :( .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

199708065.png
    Mine seems fine at the moment. The node being over prescribed or a line fault will cause a slow down. My modem seems to be working flat out which is a little strange. All seem fine besides that.
    Also make sure you have no p2p apps running in the background.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Mine was slow lastnight, only gettuing max of 50k/sec, back to normal today and able to max out my line again.

Never realyl had major issues and not to pushed if the speeds are crap during the evening as I use it mainly during the day for stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Cabaal wrote: »
    Mine was slow lastnight, only gettuing max of 50k/sec, back to normal today and able to max out my line again.

Never realyl had major issues and not to pushed if the speeds are crap during the evening as I use it mainly during the day for stuff

Yeah, mine is back to normal today. Do the speeds always drop off each evening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Mine is still crap. I am on the 6Mb line. What is the upload speed for the 3 Mb line? Maybe they put me on the 3 Mb package by mistake, cause during the speedtest it went straight up the 3 and did not budge from there.

199898481.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

DinoBot wrote: »
    Yeah, mine is back to normal today. Do the speeds always drop off each evening ?

Not that I've noticed, due to where I download from via http I can always max out my line and up until now I've not had any issues for months downloading at whatever time I set the download for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Mine's much improved over last night, although not quite 6Mb...

199993282.png

Advertisement