Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how easy is it to get somewhere to live

Options
  • 06-11-2007 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

if i decide to go travelling (alone) .. i will would like to live in the uk for a while then move on to southern spain ... i know getting a job is not a probelm for me .. but i dont know anybody in these places. so i am a bit worried that if i am told i have to start my job in the uk , lets say the 1st week of dec .. what if i dont get somewhere to live ???
    has anybody esle found this a probelm ?
    if lets say i had to start job in uk 1 st week of dec .. should i move about 2 weeks before job start date ? & stay in a hotel .. just worried that staying in a hotel will waste all my savings ... has anybody had to do anything like this ??? how long did it take to find a place ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved to Abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Sublet a place for a few weeks/months. It's the easiest and can be done online, lot's of people sublet for different reasons and you will just be paying the normal rent instead of high hotel/hostel prices. Place will be furnished, so you don't have to worry about sorting that out and it gives you time to find out where the nice areas are and organise viewings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hel_hev

what does sublet mean ? sharing with other people ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It means you take over the lease from the existing tenant for a short period. They will have a contract/lease with the landlord and will usually need their permission to do this. Scenarios could be that the tenant might be in college and on work placement for a few months but wants to hold onto the apt. so they have someone take over the lease for that time, or the tenant might have to work abroad for a few months, and so on.

Advertisement