Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Few More Irish Bits & Things !!

• 06-11-2007 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Here's a few bits that I saved after a fire in my house. Had loads of old bits & pieces but unfortunately all were lost. They're nothing like the gear you guys have.
    Bart.JPG

selection 1.JPG
    Bart.JPG

Couldn't get the other photos to download, kept failing, I'll try later. :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

V Bull wrote: »
    Here's a few bits that I saved after a fire in my house. Had loads of old bits & pieces but unfortunately all were lost. They're nothing like the gear you guys have.
    Bart.JPG

selection 1.JPG
    Bart.JPG

Couldn't get the other photos to download, kept failing, I'll try later. :o

Nice to see you posting here V Bull! I am really sorry to hear about your loss of your collection in the fire. Hopefully noone got injured?

Maybe this forum can help you start collecting again?

If you have problems with uploading some pictures try imageshack.com or any of the other image storage providers. You can sign up for free and load a lot of images onto your account. It's all free and they convert your picture into thumbnails etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Well V Bull, your right, its nothing like I have anyway because I dont have near as many Irish items.

Nice little collection you have, sorry to hear about the rest being destroyed in a fire, man that must have been bad to lose your collection in such a way, thats my nightmare, it being robbed or burnt, insurance is something, but it wont replace those one off pieces or items that you searched so hard for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Thanks alot guys for the sentiment but I really didn't have a big collection like you guys, just a few bits of uniforms, head dresses and assorted badges.

I'm goin' to try and down load again, here goes, hope it works, tryin' imageshack as advised.

The real V Bull..JPG

SS850668.JPG

SS850657.JPG

selection 1.JPG

Pic 1.JPG

In the photo of selection 1 there is a coin marked 1d (one penny) Curragh 1940, blank on reverse side. Info on this coin would be appreciated, I beleive that it was a form of currency used to pay the Germans and Italians etc during the "Emergency", (WW11), during their internment, I cann't call them prisoners of war as we weren't at war or can I ?............

The biro was made from old .303 cases and the crest cut out from an old brass tunic button, pretty nice.

Thanks again.........:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I have to get me one of those 'Barts' :p

About the coin, they were mentioned in a thread here lately, try one of the Irish medal threads, I think Mick86 had some pictured and had some info on them.

EDIT: her ye go: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055173733

Advertisement