Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zoom H2 - any good?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Hi

Its getting good reviews overall. Seems some controls might be a bit fiddly but thats to be expected as its so compact.

This might help:

http://www.wingfieldaudio.com/portable-recorder-reviews.html

You can hear some soundclips there. Choral sounds great.

Waltons have it for 199.95

Cheers

h

thinking of getting one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

I bought one of these last year. Built to a price but surprisingly good recording quality and extremely flexible (can be used as a field recorder, 4 channel recorder each to a seperate track, line and external mic ins -no phantom power though). It is small and compact which is a blessing and a curse. Fairly intuitive to use and set levels. i record Sunday services direct from a desk, it has been well used for interviews and field work, and I would be more than happy to use the audio recordins that I made in my home studio within a mix. Overall, very impressed. Drawbacks are that you cannot insert a std XLR or 6mm mic. But you can get minimics that are ok. I would buy one again in a shot if I lost ours but you need to look at your application and needs first.

Advertisement