Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Cylinder Selection.

Options
  • 06-11-2007 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello all.
    I need to select a water cylinder for a house that is under construction. While it was decided that solar would not be installed initially (for cost reasons), roof vents were located to accomodate connections to solar tubes at a later stage. So, the plumbing system to be installed must be capable of accomodating solar water heating. Also, it is intended to install a back boiler. Finally, I would like to have a pressurized system. To summarized, the system should be able to accomodate:
    - solar heating +
    - a back boiler +
    - oil heating +
    - be pressurized
    I'm examining the tank in tank options. My main question with this option is:
    - do the oil + back boiler system feed into the same tank? My understanding is that the back boiler system must be open vented. My questions are endless. If anyone out there has successfully installed a system based around one cylinder and meeting the above criteria I would be very interested to here which cylinder you selected and any recommedations you can offer!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

not familiar with tank in tank system but u can do what u want with sufficent coils in the tank.
    Yes the BB needs to be open which raises the q how it fits into the rest of the system, its own loop in the HWC will work as well as perhaps a small rad some where upstairs to act as a heat sink if the power dies and u have a full fire going with no circulation pump

Advertisement