Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen M5 - Keep a lookout

Options
  • 06-11-2007 10:30pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

99-D-10
    Stolen from D4 (kicked in door)
    If anyone sees it let me know and I'll let the owner know.
    thanks

normal_e39M5HDR.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

That particular M5 is fairly unique. VERY well looked after.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hey KB, when was it stolen?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Yesterday (Mon) evening.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

OK, ill have a look out for it. Sorry to hear about it. Any distinguishable marks on it, assuming that the reg has been changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

My god sorry to hear... I know i'll be of no help down here but i'll an eye out anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Get me details and of the car (Chassis, etc) through PM, and I'll mail the right people in various garages for you.

[Its not mine BTW!]
    Fey can help me out here but I think it was as is in the pic.
    The exhausts and brakes weren't standard. Also there is a front lip spoiler and also silver air ducts under the grille.
    FWIW the reg is etched into the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

:( This must be gutting for the owners.

My realistic dream car - if only insurance was reasonable...

Hope none of the family were injured when the burglars entered the house - I imagine it'll be used for a robbery or such like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

hmmm ill keep a look out myself... im sorry to hear that its gone man...

if its seen ill be on to the Guards right away :)

where abouts in d4 was it stolen cause that car looks kinda familliar... i see it every day walk to my school ( walking down towards sandymount via irishtown police station )

though with my more then dodgy eye-sight i could be wrong...

also im sorry for my lack of grammar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I also think this may turn up in a robbery in a few weeks but that doesn't realy help you now.

They found the car keys when they broke in, were they just lying on the hallway table?
    Sounds careless with all the similar incidents that happen lately.
    But I suppose some would say it's better to leave them there rather than risk being threatened to hand them over. That's each owners decision to make I suppose

Best of luck anyway.

• Advertisement

It is suspected that the thieves followed the owner home. Nobody was injured thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

IIRC, the previous owner had red brake pads installed, which can be seen through the alloys. I'll verify that, and if it's wrong I'll edit this post accordingly.

I think he also had a system installed at the front for cooling the brakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,424 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I recognised the car immediately. I had a look at it while chatting with the previous owner a couple of years ago - that's how I remember the reg. I'll keep an eye out for it!

I'm glad no one got injured while the car was stolen. Keep your keys downstairs where the thieves can easily find them, folks! You might love your car, but those coked up ***** wouldn't think a sec of injuring you or your family in order to get the keys of your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

Anyone need details of the car give me a shout, I was the previous owner and I know the car inside out.

I really hope the car is recovered...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Stock brakes (even when painted red) are rubbish on M5's, so my guess is there will be two scrotes welded to a concrete pillar before long. This is no golf gti and all to easy to hit 160mph (even in built up areas) so lets face it, if anyone's gonna chance their arm to 'see how fast it'll go' it's these bozos.

I've had buckos try following me home on numerous occasions, even barefaced pulling into filling stations after me, waiting in their car till I've finished (ive got a hurley stick in case all hell breaks loose) and then out behind me again, It's like Americas dumbest criminals and I often wonder if they're actually undercover cops instead they're that thick.

Good stretch of road ~ almighty roar from that V8, some flashing lights of encouragement from the dsc & spectators you've just overtaken, and you're home & dry before those guys even know what happened.

Worst thing you could do is hang around, 2nd worst thing is leaving your keys on the kitchen table like a dope, might as well leave them in the ignition for them at that rate, and shir why not pack some sandwiches in case they were hungry aswell :rolleyes:

Firstly those brakes are not stock brakes painted red.

normal_IMG_1146.JPG

Secondly it is very easy to call people that leave their keys downstair a dope but the fact is most people value their family and lives more than their cars. I know people leave their keys downstairs for that very reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

528i wrote: »
    Stock brakes (even when painted red) are rubbish on M5's, so my guess is there will be two scrotes welded to a concrete pillar before long. This is no golf gti and all to easy to hit 160mph (even in built up areas) so lets face it, if anyone's gonna chance their arm to 'see how fast it'll go' it's these bozos.

I've had buckos try following me home on numerous occasions, even barefaced pulling into filling stations after me, waiting in their car till I've finished (ive got a hurley stick in case all hell breaks loose) and then out behind me again, It's like Americas dumbest criminals and I often wonder if they're actually undercover cops instead they're that thick.

Good stretch of road ~ almighty roar from that V8, some flashing lights of encouragement from the dsc & spectators you've just overtaken, and you're home & dry before those guys even know what happened.

Worst thing you could do is hang around, 2nd worst thing is leaving your keys on the kitchen table like a dope, might as well leave them in the ignition for them at that rate, and shir why not pack some sandwiches in case they were hungry aswell :rolleyes:

Brilliant. I like your style :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

Sorry...of absolutely no help to the owner and not having a dig at him here.

I'd never buy a motor like that unless I had a lockup for it. On street parking is just too tempting for scrotes.

Hope the car comes back in reasonable condition...

It could be argued Kinmak, that if they valued their families even more, they'd leave the keys in the ignition not risking scobies breaking and entering etc. so where do you stop. In my opinion it just encourages fellas to break in and rob cars if they're left out like a present for them under the Christmas tree.

Hadn't realised you upgraded to ST40's, there'll be no stopping those thieves now :D are they Axxis Ultimates ? where do you get pads for them ?

528i wrote: »
    It could be argued Kinmak, that if they valued their families even more, they'd leave the keys in the ignition not risking scobies breaking and entering etc. so where do you stop. In my opinion it just encourages fellas to break in and rob cars if they're left out like a present for them under the Christmas tree.

Hadn't realised you upgraded to ST40's, there'll be no stopping those thieves now :D are they Axxis Ultimates ? where do you get pads for them ?

I had Axxis Ultimates for road use and PFC-01 for track. Sold it with the Ultimates.

I get pads directly from the US or from CA Automotive in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

@ 528i

Well look who's back !!!

Have you not written that thing off yet ?? You're obviously not driving it hard enough, must be all those biker chicks softening you up in your old age !! :D

Kin Mak wrote: »
    I had Axxis Ultimates for road use and PFC-01 for track. Sold it with the Ultimates.
    I get pads directly from the US or from CA Automotive in the UK.

What did you buy instead ? fairly limited choice for anything quicker and as well rounded. How many miles were you getting to a set of rears ?, bit of a joke really with them :D

I tend to stay below 140 these days MercMad, leave the real speed to the motorbike :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I tend to stay below 140 these days MercMad, leave the real speed to the motorbike

............yeah me too.....................only its a pushbike ! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Sorry to hear that man. Hope you find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I've seen that car more than a few times alright, (am I correct in saying Sandymount?). With the added mods and the reg it should be easier to find than most M5's.

I'll be keeping an eye out for it definately, heartbroken to hear about it being stolen. We had one in the family and thankfully (using the term losely) the only problem we had was that it was keyed one night, headlight to petrol cap.

I'll be looking out for it, hope everything works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

This was obviously stolen for a "JOB" and hopefully used and dumped in the same condition taken, or could be burned :-( .
    It will be parked up for a few weeks/months to check for a tracker (apartment block/hotel carpark/airport long term carpark) and then used for a hour r so and then dumped hopefully not in flames.
    I would defo check the airport carparks (especialy the ones on the backroads of the airport)
    I wouldn't say the police are very happy that some headcases will be out n about in this yolk - then again they have there new BMW/Subaru/Audi chase vechicals to chase it, if thats any help to them trying to catch this.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Better of using a 'Stinger' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Naturally, I hope the M5 returns to its owner in proper working order(though unfortunately I doubt it very much, if it returns at all).

But on a more general point, surley it is time that high performance cars/desirable cars like the M5 were fitted with a GPS tracking device?

Its such a pitty that beautiful cars like the M5 fall victim to the scum of the earth like the people who stole the aforementioned M5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

This was obviously stolen for a "JOB" and hopefully used and dumped in the same condition taken, or could be burned :-( .
    A) Do criminals even use cars like this for "jobs"? I would have thought they weren't be very practical and more likely to attract attention.
    It will be parked up for a few weeks/months to check for a tracker (apartment block/hotel carpark/airport long term carpark) and then used for a hour r so and then dumped hopefully not in flames.
    B) Wouldn't it be apparent within days whether the car has a tarcker or not.
    I would defo check the airport carparks (especialy the ones on the backroads of the airport)
    C) Don't most paid car parks take a photo of the driver these days? I would have thought airport car parks especially would have this.
    I wouldn't say the police are very happy that some headcases will be out n about in this yolk - then again they have there new BMW/Subaru/Audi chase vechicals to chase it, if thats any help to them trying to catch this.
    D) As far as I was aware the Gardai have basic BMW 3 Series / Subaru Foresters. Never heard they had Audis. How would these match up to an M5?

I don't mean to be impolite or seem like I'm picking on one person but there seems to be a lot of fantasy on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I though Earth Worm Jim was ex flying squad. ;)

Mike.

Advertisement