Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobisode 1 - The Watch

• 06-11-2007 10:32pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Don't get excited, it's very meh. Just a scene between Jack and his father before he marries Sarah. Almost seems like a deleted scene from the first season. But it isn't. No spoilers either.

See the (poor quality) video here:

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2007/11/lost-mobisode-1-missing-pieces-watch.html

And the transcript:
    LOST - Missing Pieces

THE WATCH

[Jack throwing rocks into the ocean. Wearing shades, hair is longer than normal].

Christian: Whatcha doin there kiddo?

[camera turns to show Christian walking towards Jack on a beach. They are in front of the hotel where Jack gets married.]

Jack: Just throwing rocks.
    Christian: Good! It's good to the Rocking Throwing out before you get married.
    Jack: It was either this or being inside with Sarah and the Wedding Planner figuring out where all the flowers should go.
    Christian: Wise choice. Listen, before tonight, before things get crazy, I wanted to give you something. This was my dad's and I thought it'd be fitting.
    [Christian pulls a watch out of a white handkerchief]
    Jack: I've never seen you wear it before.
    Christian: That's because I never did. See, your grandfather didn't really like your mom. He thoguht marrying her was a mistake. He told me, to my face, that the day that I got married, he'd give me this watch. So I never wore it.
    Jack: Are you trying to tell me something?
    Christian: You made..the absolute right choice.
    [Jack puts watch on]
    Jack: Guess this is really happening, huh?
    Christian: Soon as those flowers are set up...and as soon as you run out of rocks.
    [pause]
    Christian: Do me a favor, huh? If you and Sarah ever have a kid, try to treat it better than I treated you.
    Jack: No pressure, huh?
    Christian: See you inside, kiddo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Well that was 'so' worthwhile :rolleyes:, it reminds of the scene in "Hot Shots! (1991 - charlie sheen)" - "i've even got my father's eyes"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Read transcript... meh, that'll do!

EDIT: It's worth mentioning it is a mobisode. From what i've seen of these in the past, 'Battlestar Galactica' & 'Prison Break' had them too. They're always woeful!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well, that was crap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

They may become more interesting however. The 13 mobisodes are supposed to revolve around a unique mystery that is rooted in the mythology without being part of the main story-line. They're are basically a replacement for the Lost Experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Is there anywhere that u can watch decent quality versions of these mobisodes? Doesn't anyone have a youtube or google link cuz the above link the pic tiny. And i also just tried it there while typing this and that one isn't available anymore. anyone got links?

edit: here's a link for a decent enough quality version from youtube if anyone wants it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hKV5sgExoQ

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There's a higher quality version of this ep now available on abc.com. However out of support for the writers I'd recommend not giving abc's site any hits. It keeps popping up and being removed on youtube.

I expect this to be gone soon too. Just do a search on youtube for "lost missing pieces".

EDIT: I see you already found it though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

it doesn't let u watch the ones on abc anyway. U have to live in the states(or else i'm not l33t enough to fool it into thinking my comp/ip is from the states)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

suppafly wrote: »
    it doesn't let u watch the ones on abc anyway. U have to live in the states(or else i'm not l33t enough to fool it into thinking my comp/ip is from the states)

I'm sure they can probably be found on Bt after a while, they always are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

what the frick is a mobisode???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

what the frick is a mobisode???

mobile episode i.e. an episode for your mobile phone, think that's what it means

• Advertisement
Advertisement