Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom upgrading Broadband lines?

Options
  • 06-11-2007 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭

Got a letter in the post this morning saying my driving test has been canceled until further notice,because eircom have ripped the town up upgrading the broadband lines....

Im in Newcastle West,and what exactly are Eircom doing?

Hearing there putting fibre optic cables down,but arent they hella expensive?

If 8/16mb speeds where coming in the next year I wouldnt be so pissed,but I know they arent,f1cking joke of a company...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Got a letter in the post this morning saying my driving test has been canceled until further notice,because eircom have ripped the town up upgrading the broadband lines....

If 8/16mb speeds where coming in the next year I wouldnt be so pissed,but I know they arent,f1cking joke of a company...

It cheaper than copper now.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Sqaull20 wrote: »

Eircom are doing nothing, Shannon Broadband are responsible for that Bob the Builder job.
    Shannon Broadband? who they? see here http://www.shannonbroadband.com
    and for full details, see here http://www.shannonbroadband.com/FibreRoutes/NewcastleWestFibreRoute/
    What will all this mean for you? well, other than the inconvenience to you, nothing actually.

jbkenn

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Digging the hole costs more than the fibre.
    You got it right john

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

This is still going on all over county limerick...

What kinda packages will this crowd be giving out/what are they doing?

That site still hasnt been updated since I looked at it last and dont really give any info..

Any know?

Advertisement