Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting rid of vista

• 06-11-2007 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi Guys is it pos to put my old copy of xp on my laptop as vista is crap ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you reformat the drive there shouldn't be an issue as you start from scratch. Or are you thinking dual boot?
    Check http://www.google.ie/search?q=xp+over+vista

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Contact the sales person they may be able to help you with the license or maybe not.

neither VISTA home nor premium have downgrade rights to use XP so you would need a retail copy of XP

Vista Business and Vista Ultimate allows you to use an old XP PRO license (not XP home)

If your existing copy is OEM you aren't allowed to transfer it.
    if your existing copy of XP is OEM and has a PC brand on it you can't install install on another brand - it'd hard coded into it

them's the rules that microsoft made

How does the official downgrading procedure work? I've never used it nor know anyone who has.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Karsini wrote: »
    How does the official downgrading procedure work? I've never used it nor know anyone who has.
    its mostly done by corporates who just use a volume XP pro key. to do at home you install XP PRO and when it comes to activation ring the number and when you give them the vista key and they give you a install code for xp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

You always have the MS licensing answers Capt'n, do they have certification for this or something? :)
    Wouldn't surprise me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement