Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

could i use this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you'll probably need a different steering boss and clockspring as well.

I presume you know this won't give you a working airbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

no, i didnt know, why not?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

the airbag needs impact sensors, etc. Its not a plug and play jobbie!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Im assuming you need a "impact trigger". Obviously not the technical term. Something needs to trigger the airbag to deploy, and AFAIK its a couple of hundred to get it done??

Edit: Kbannon beat me to it. Although more precise with impact sensors!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You need the airbag to work in conjunction with a Suplimentary Restraint System (SRS) which is basically a computer which users impact sensors (as pointed out by others) to determin by the force of the impact when the air bag should be deployed.

Retro fitting an airbag to a car that was not originally designed for one is not a good idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement