Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car audio help!

Options
  • 07-11-2007 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

It turns out after installing my bluetooth car kit I have to manually mute the head unit every time I get a call because my radio doesn't seem to have a mute thing at the rear on the ISO. What can i do so that it mutes? Any ideas? I don't want to get another head unit. Thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It looks like the radio mute is pin 11 on a Delta 6 or in block A on a Gamma.

See the link - scroll to the bottom for the VW Delta/Gamma head units. The link is in German, but you'll get the idea ;)

http://www.selfmadehifi.de/hifi/kfz-prod.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

If you have a test lamp (5 euro in the motor-factors) you can easily detect the mute wire and connect it to the yellow one from the phone kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

How will a test lamp show you the mute input into a stereo? Surely you'd need something to mute the stereo externally to see the signal, and the OP says he has to mute the stereo so I don't think that's the case...

Is very simple.
    A test lamp has bulb inside which is like a conductor.
    If you earth the clip to the body of the car and pin the power wire, the bulb lights-up, but if you pin the mute wire the radio receives a very low earth signal and will mute the sound.
    Give it a try - it worked for me for the last 8 years and never failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Ah, sorry - different train of thought... I'm an instrumentation engineer myself but I didn't think of that ;)

• Advertisement

Sometimes the simplest way is the best way.

Advertisement