Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lumping on?

Options
  • 07-11-2007 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Intersted in peoples lumping on habits

I recently won on an 80/1 accum with paddys superlist (my first try)

won another 2000 in the same week by lumpin on 4 "bankers" at short odds

Im looking at 500 on arsenal and man u durin the week to return 900+, thing is i wont feel so bad losing as i am gambling winnings which started from 10 euro, this is the only time i would really lump on

safe bet in your eyes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Couldnt possibly say before seeing the teams, Uniteds's especially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

well, i can tell you one thing.

the strength of emotions felt loosing €500 is much stronger than the strength of emotion when winning €500.

you'd want to be very very clever to beat the bookie long term.
    they are absolute professionals with a team of odds compilers that know just how to take u in for a rinse out.

tell me this, did you know exactly what odds to expect before you walk in to the bookie?...or do you just take the odds that are on offer ??

you must KNOW that what you are backing is a stronger price than it should be.

second thing,.... the difference between backing arsenal away and backing them at home is collosal. it might look like a good value bet ,...but i can assure you its not. never is with an english team.

This is due to the weight of money being placed by brittish punters,
    of which there would be plenty of lumpers like yourself,.... but not too many lumpers in Prague.

I make a habit of laying England every time they play, such great value, look at the record of any year bar 1966:)

best of luck, but be cautious, as you may never have such luck again being able to lump on big and free money like that !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

You should at the very least bank half of the money

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'm not afriad to lump on from time to time but make sure you do all the research possible. I'd never blindly back Man U/Barcelona/Inter like some do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

People should have a bankroll and never bet anymore than 3-5% on one event. People will even think that those percentages are a little bit high.

• Advertisement

People should have a bankroll and never bet anymore than 3-5% on one event. People will even think that those percentages are a little bit high.

A lot depends on your bank, and the sports you back. The figures you quote are standard for racing but in football when odds are closer to evens each time, putting €3 on a 2/5 shot isn't worth it. I'm not saying people should be sticking €50 of their €100 bank on it but the 3% rule isn't really applicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭corkfella

as mentioned before I would wait to see the teams before lumping on this, cesc and toure are left at home by d way. if i am making a bet on d champos league i usually bet online but always wait until after 7.30 so therefore i can see d teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

I tanked it on Liverpool last night, 2/7 seeed like a great price, biggest bet I've had in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Don't know how that's going to help the OP. Can he go back in time to back Liverpool at truly awful odds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

2/7 seeed like a great price
    Jesus we obviously have very different standards :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Intox wrote: »
    Im looking at 500 on arsenal and man u durin the week to return 900+, thing is i wont feel so bad losing as i am gambling winnings which started from 10 euro, this is the only time i would really lump on

safe bet in your eyes?

Well if you have an online account then wait till the about 7:20 - 7:30 and see if United and Arsenal have strong line ups, if not then you better get to the bookies fast as you only have ten minutes left. Considering you have won a nice amount recently, go for it.

Hope you didn't lump on OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

He probably did, most gamblers are the same - think they're invincible after a few wins.

Advertisement