Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Remix Lamb Of God's "Sacrament"

• 07-11-2007 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Industry pioneers Lamb Of God have crossed the line. literally. The Grammy-nominated metal band are breaking down the smoke and mirrors and allowing - for the first time in music history - fans and professionals alike the revolutionary opportunity to produce and/or remix the entire Sacrament audio CD, says press release. All of the studio audio tracks (guitar, vocals, drums & bass) from the entire Sacrament album have been isolated, separated and prepared for use by music fans everywhere in ANY Mac or PC, soit is very user-friendly.

Remix the album any way you want to hear it. More bass? Your call. Less drums? Your call. Dub remix? Your call. New vocals? Good luck!

Track and add your own effects, vocals, guitar, bass, drums, and anything else you can imagine! Isolate tracks to help learn or to play/sing along. Create your own new unique songs or loops by cutting apart, rearranging or mixing up tracks or even entire songs. The possibilities are endless and the tools are now in your hands.

Let your inner-producer shine! We dare you! Share your Lamb Of God creations online and check out the creative adventures of other new producers. You are the beginning of a revolution in music as we know it.
    From: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/press_releases/lamb_of_god_has_a_new_producer_you.html

Pretty cool thing to be able to do but am I right in thinking that Nine Inch Nails have allowed fans to do this before? Looking forward to being able to see broken down tracks anyway and there might be some good creations from this.

Big fan of LoG!

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I wouldn't be bothered going and remixing one myself but would love to hear what other people come up with. Some great tracks on that album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    am I right in thinking that Nine Inch Nails have allowed fans to do this before?
    Yep, there were various tracks from Year Zero available for download. Some people did some very interesting remixes. For some reason the linked article doesn't provide the URL of the page with these remixes even though they basically lifted the text from the official Lamb of God news page. The remix referred to is http://www.lamb-of-god.tv but currently that's a parked page :mad:. I guess we'll just have to wait. Still though, it's a great idea and something I'd love more bands to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

There is a new catch however, you have to buy the Special Edition "Sacrament" - already have it and I'm not sure if I'm that curious / would have the time or talent for it...It's out Dec 4th as far as I know.

Anyone know when their next DVD is out?

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    There is a new catch however, you have to buy the Special Edition "Sacrament" - already have it and I'm not sure if I'm that curious / would have the time or talent for it...It's out Dec 4th as far as I know.
    Screw that! They expect people to buy a special edition of an album released in August 2006 to have access to the remix content? I suppose that's one way of ensuring only big fans can get it.
    Sabre0001 wrote:
    Anyone know when their next DVD is out?
    I haven't a clue. Sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

it was this time last year they burst slayer off stage at the unholy alliance,,, best band!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I don't think I'd be any good at mixing, but I'd love to hear other people's versions. Love the album.

Advertisement