Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cancelation test

Options
  • 07-11-2007 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

what exactly is this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Coala wrote: »
    what exactly is this?
    Up to now, many candidates tended to cancel their allocated test. If they give more than 10 days notice they do not forfeit their test fee. This slot can then be offered to another candidate who has stated on their application form that they are willing to be tested at short notice.

Unfortunately, many candidates do not cancel and simply do not show up for their test. This ridiculous system then allows them to apply for another provisional licence without even partaking in a test as the regulations state that one only has to provide evidence of 'application' for a test. All they lose is a miserable €38/€63/€76.

I think there should be a deposit system whereby applications for category B tests (most 'no shows') should pay €538 and if they turn up, they get the €500 back.

Learner drivers continually whinge about the length of waiting times for tests. The waiting time could probably be cut by one quarter overnight if they would turn up for their tests.

In saying that, the situation will probably improve greatly with the new regulations. :)

(I appreciate that, for some, there are valid reasons for not turning up, e.g. death in family, accident etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Coala

yeah its not nice just dont turn up. but here is lot of foreigners who apply and maybe go back to them contry and even dont remember about the test as its waiting time is fantastic short :D. I suppose that part of them dont get appointment letter what is lost in the post or car breaks down on the day of test. They should make sure that applicant gets letter.

I have applied online and there is not possible to choose for cancelation. Is it too late to change for that?:confused:

Advertisement