Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get NFL tickets

• 07-11-2007 5:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

If this is in the wrong forum please move, I thought you guys would be best placed to answer.

Im going to NY in a few weeks and the Giants will be playing the Vikings when I'm there. I'd love to see the game but cant seem to see anywhere that looks legit that will sell me tickets.

I've tried ticketmaster and they're sold out. Stub-hub has lots of tickets but they cant accept payments from Ireland. I'd like to get ok (ish) seats but dont want to spend a fortune.

Can you guys point to anywhere that you've maybe gotten ticks from that you'd recommend

Cheers,
    Wisesmurf

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Try ring here: USA --> 201-935-8222 ? Its the giants ticket office, ring them and explain your situation and they might be able to help you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Hey, can vouch for these guys:

http://www.chefkotix.com/ticketresults.cfm?e=599

Thats the game you need and all. We got tickets for both the Cardinals @ Packers and Patriots @ Vikings last year from them.

Prices arent too bad either.

If you do go, pick me up a game programme! I'll PayPal the money to you if you do.. cheers!

Oh and i'll give you a pair of my underwear that you can throw at Adrian Peterson for me, i love him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Groovy.

I'm in Boston the weekend of the Pats Steelers game....think i might try and get tickets for it.

EDIT: **** me...600 dollars plus for a seat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

RuggieBear wrote: »
    Groovy.

I'm in Boston the weekend of the Pats Steelers game....think i might try and get tickets for it.

EDIT: **** me...600 dollars plus for a seat!

Hehe good luck getting Pats tickets for any game now under 500 dollars unless you know someone as I do and its grrrrrreat already have my AFC Championship Tickets as we all know the Pats will be there mwhahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

true true:D

Oh well, i'll just watch it in a sports bar with the natives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I presume the likes of the giants & pats are fully sold out with season tickets? I heard that's how it's run, the season tickets are sold, then if a certain ticket holder cannot make it to game (or does not want to go) they let companies know, who sell the tickets then?

Is this right or am i talking horse crap???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

dulpit wrote: »
    I presume the likes of the giants & pats are fully sold out with season tickets? I heard that's how it's run, the season tickets are sold, then if a certain ticket holder cannot make it to game (or does not want to go) they let companies know, who sell the tickets then?

Is this right or am i talking horse crap???

Kinda, True alot of the Teams sell the majority of their tickets to Season ticket holders and corporate. When a season ticket holder doesnt go he doesnt tell anyone he simply sells them on to the likes of all the ticket agents online and makes a nice tidy sum for them the agent then sells them on making more profit on top kinda like scalping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 joebos

RuggieBear wrote: »
    true true:D

Oh well, i'll just watch it in a sports bar with the natives.

Try craigslist.com boston. look under tickets. New England is top NFL team now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I spent the summer in New York and was able to get cheap(ish) tickets for Yankee games, WWE Raw, and a Giants Pre-season game through these two websites Swickets and Vivid Seats.

Both were 100% reliable.

For delivery, you should be able to set it up so that they are delivered in advance to your Hotel, just notify the hotel, or you can have them delivered to a branch of the courier company they use, that is near your hotel, e.g if its fed-ex, check which is the closest fed-ex to your hotel, and use that as the delivery address. That fed-ex branch will keep it on hold for you to pickup.

Just had a look at Vivid, you can get 2 seats for around $115 a piece. Not bad, about €78 each, the face value that you pay ticketmaster in Ire. for many concerts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Vikings wrote: »
    Hey, can vouch for these guys:

http://www.chefkotix.com/ticketresults.cfm?e=599

Thats the game you need and all. We got tickets for both the Cardinals @ Packers and Patriots @ Vikings last year from them.

Prices arent too bad either.

If you do go, pick me up a game programme! I'll PayPal the money to you if you do.. cheers!

Oh and i'll give you a pair of my underwear that you can throw at Adrian Peterson for me, i love him :D

Hey, I go friday week. Whats the chances on me buying the tix now and having them delivered on time. Looking like $145 ea per ticket which is €100 so not too bad.

Just notices that their payment page isnt secure either, have I much to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Crapjob Sean

Kinda, True alot of the Teams sell the majority of their tickets to Season ticket holders and corporate. When a season ticket holder doesnt go he doesnt tell anyone he simply sells them on to the likes of all the ticket agents online and makes a nice tidy sum for them the agent then sells them on making more profit on top kinda like scalping.

Just on this, the Patriots are notoriously hard-assed when it comes to this activity.
    If they find you have sold your tickets on, they will take your season tickets away, even for a first offence. They monitor Craigslist and eBay.
    They do operate their own sell-on service where you can sell to another fan, for face value only. These get snapped up pretty quick.

There is something like a 5-7 year waiting list for season tickets.

Advertisement