Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rims and Tyres

Options
  • 07-11-2007 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I bought a 2nd hand car recently and it has low profile tyres and rims which I HATE not due to the look but due to the ride.

Im doing a lot of travelling to and from work and am looking for a set of alloy rims and tyres that are not low profile but cosmetically pleasing but theres a catch i want a cheap pair!!!

The question im asking has anybody gone to the north to buy alloy rims and tyres?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what car have you got and what wheels are currently on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Hi Colm

Its a VW bora not sure what make or anyhting but the size of the alloys are 16inchs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I dont think you'll be able to go much smaller than that tbh. Your looking at 15s instead and I doubt its worth splashing out for another set. In my opinion 15s are too small for vag cars anyway, they look like little castors on them.

Would you consider putting a slightly larger profile on your 16s?

I have 17s on my passat and the ride is a bit firm but nothing I cant live with... its only very noticable when going over those annoying little speed bumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Id rather go with a smaller rim and bigger tyres if can be done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

According to my little bit of research (http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=105358) Boras were supplied on 195/65 R 15 wheels/tyres at some point.

I'd suggest a trip to the breaker's yard to see what's available out there.

OP: what tyre size is on it at the moment?

• Advertisement
Advertisement