Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel time to Dublin

• 07-11-2007 9:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a friend who is looking to move out to Portarlington and commute to Dublin each day (ParkWest off the red cow roundabout). Does anyone do a similar journey and how long does it take ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Hi Smoggy,

Id say if you link onto the N/M7 (whichever its called) it should take less than an hour. I commute from Tullamore to Dublin city centre, and it takes me 2 hours from the time i leave my house to the time i sit at my desk which isn't too bad considering the distance!:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 murphy_j

I commute from Abbeyleix to ParkWest every day - it all depends on the time you head into work.

I tend to be in very early so traffic isnt an issue and about an hour does it for me. Dont go near the red cow roundabout, turn off at the kingswoos interchange (next one after CityWest) and go in the nangor road.

If you have flexi time and can get in early and out early its not that bad a commute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Sorry but I drive in from Port to Parkwest every day...I leave at 5 in the morning because the traffic is horrific! I actually go to the gym from 6 til 8 in the mornings to avoid it. At that time it takes about 50 minutes to get here.

However this week I haven't been able to go to the gym and have been leaving my house around 6.15....and getting to my office at around 8 - 8.15! It's a crap commute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

I travel from Portlaoise to Dublin City Centre. I take the bus at 6:40 and around 7:50 - 8:00 I'm at O'Connell street. That's in the mornings. In the evenings the bus drives for about 1.5 hour up to 2 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Thanks for all the information. very helpful, it seems that if you leave early enough, it's not an issue, but looking to arrive at 9 would be a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I work on the longmile road and commute every day from Port, i leave my house at 6.30 most mornings and with some luck get into work for 8am. Although the last few weeks have been awful and its been a 2 hour drive on some occasions.

Starting for 8am is a lot better than 9am though. And if I get out of work by 4.30pm I'm home well before 6pm.

Advertisement