Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Wilton

Options
  • 07-11-2007 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im considering a move out the Wilton/sarsfield road direction but a mate told me that you cant get broadband up around there...

I rang chorus and mentioned eagle valley & white oaks and they said it cant be got out there.
    Seems a little strange for such a heavily populated area.
    Maybe the customer service chick was a lazy git.

Can anyone shed a little light on this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You should be able to get DSL in that area. Do you know anyone with a phone number in the area? Use that in the line checker on the Eircom site. Wireless might be tricky as Sarsfield road is a hill, and you might be behind the mast.

adam

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

The exchanges in the area are set up for broadband, but the question of an available port can leave you waiting for months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

If I'm not mistaken, Smart Telecom operates out of the Dennehys Cross exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭real_484

there are a couple of wireless operators that you could use, novanetworks and digiweb. I am in Mahon and have used nova networks for the last two years with a service i am happy with. As they are local you get a faster turn around on problems. Both digiweb and nova have transmitters by the airport so hopefully you should get BB from either. Amocon are also in the area but expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Technically, Eagle Valley isn't even in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭cork-langer

Technically, Eagle Valley isn't even in this country.

Tell me about it, Every coverage map i've seen has coverage all over Wilton except that estate.
    Pain in the goolies.
    Ill have to go with 3G mobile broadband from vodafone or o2.

Advertisement