Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Accord 97. clutch fubared

Options
  • 07-11-2007 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

Lads

mates accord, clutch is gone, mech says he needs a pedal box and says get one.....;)

anyone?

the mec actually was supposed to have fixed the clutch as it was acting up but it went after he got it back from said repair?

posting this on behalf of a friend.

ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

This is a minefield. I'd plead ignorance and make the mechanic get his own parts. If he won't, get another mechanic. A restaurant wouldn't ask you to go buy your own steak, and then they'll cook it.

It's one of the laziest things a mechanic can do to make his client get his own parts. They're in the trade and they have the knowledge and contacts. If there's a problem with a part they source, they're supplier will probably stand over it for them. If your mate gets the pedal box and it's wrong or suffering the same problem his one was- his mechanic will just keep clocking up the bill until he gets it right.

I was charged by my mechanic with buying a new clutch (for an integra) and there was a fault with it. The supplier wouldn't stand over it and it set me back about €400 between parts and labour which they probably would have solved for a repeat cusomer, which I wasn't. I swore I would never do it again.

(That same time I also ended up sourcing bearings for my gearbox. That whole process was a f*cking nightmare- I still don't even know how I got caught to do it in the first place but you live, you learn, I suppose).

Advertisement