Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly this week?

Options
  • 07-11-2007 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

Me & Cathal's mate was onto me there asking if we would be on for a friendly this Friday or Saturday.

I told him I'd get onto yous and mailed him back to see if he has any thoughts on a pitch.

Whaddya reckon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jules, I'm unavailable this Saturday, I have a Christening to go to in the Afternoon, have something else I need to do that morning, and it's the last day of the eircom League, Shels playing Sat night.

That will mean at least Martin and Dave won't be able to play either.

Available on Friday evening though.

I'll text all the lads though, see if we'd have numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I can't do it this weekend I am afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

He got back to me saying Friday 6pm is available in St. Colmcilles Knocklyon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Can't make it to Knocklyon for that time Friday unfortunately as I'm working friday afternoon. Can't do anytime saturday either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Fri @ 6 suits me grand, but I'd say a lot of lads would have trouble with the KO time being at the tail end of the working day, smack bang in the middle of rush hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

suits me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Friday would suit me too

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

Yeah I can do Friday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

I'll be there

Des - any word back from people you texted that aren't online?

Looks like with me & cathal we have 7 so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I can probably make this, afaik lepos not doing anything either

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

probably wouldnt make the kickoff time. might be 630 before i could get up.

Executive decision needed soon methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im sure with a little bit of leaving work early etc, me, art and dan could be there also. tried to ring you des to find out......anybody know the latest?

Have been too busy to look at this today - are we going ahead for 6pm tomorrow? I'll text Des now too.

ok lads, update.....i have been talking to des and jules, des is busy for the next few days, so its up to us to organise this!

tomorrow evening looks like it will not happen, so its going to have to be saturday, afternoon, maybe 12 or 1 or what ever suits in the pitch that has been mentioned already?

so, can anybody that make it, please post again if this change suits. im sure we could surely rake in 11 players for this?

so anyway, so far, we should have 4

ed
    art
    jules
    cathal

who else?

jules is texting the lads that dont post on ere

Sat & Sun defo out for me anyway.

Actually could have made it for tomorrow night but definitely can't make Sat afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

can do this eve, but prob wont make 6. you might have to start without me.
    615-630 arrival more likely.
    Cant do tomorrow or sunday

Lads, most of our players are not available for tomorrow, so I think we need to push this out a week or two.

So no game tonight or tomorrow.

• Advertisement

seen as we have a week off this week, any chance of this towards the end of the week Jules? im sure there s an 11 a side astro pitch free somewhere??

lads, we need a game this week or next week and then maybe one the week before we play again as 3 weeks without a game is a disaster. any suggestions? yout mates jules? or a friendly with the main forum!!!?? or that crowd that DIT poker plays for that we have played twice before.

Absolutely, friendly would be good.

would your team play us sav?

On Astro? Hmmm. Shpose do no harm to ask.

Won't be available for any friendlies. Studying (trying to study) for my exams

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Won't be available for any friendlies. Studying (trying to study) for my exams

ah ya, another giggsy eh? i know your type alright.

Giggs didn't have the excuse of going for his Masters though did he? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

Savman wrote: »
    On Astro? Hmmm. Shpose do no harm to ask.

Go on Sav, it'll be like having a testimonial :D

• Advertisement

ROFL I'm already getting the guilt trip from them about which jersey I'd be pulling on :eek:

Anyway they're up for it if we can arrange a venue. Coupla things tho, we're talking about an 11 a side Astro team who play no offside and no sliding tackles versus an 11 a side grass pitch team with offside, sliding tackles, the works. Even though I think the teams would be very evenly matched (and it would make for a very interesting fixture) by which set of rules do we play? Because either way it will favor one team. Grass and Astro are like 2 different games of ball altogether.

Advertisement