Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly this week?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

What's the name of the team? What league do you play in? I assume you'd have us on fitness though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Phoenix Rovers, currently 6th in the AUL division 2A Saturday
    http://www.aul.ie/TableLeagues.php
    I'm not sure fitness would be leagues apart esp at this time of year when everyone's got the xmas belly on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Sav's team would be a very good test for us alright, hope we can make that happen.

I'm waiting to hear back from my mate on whether his team is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

astro or grass, i dont mind to be honest.depends on the easiest solution. the weather is ****ty can we get a pitch that is free and not full of sh**e?!

is there an 11 a side available? are we talking this weekend ya?

astro would suit us obviously cos our control would be more used to that and not a bobbly pitch, but it would benifit them also.

we could play them on astro but with offsides and full rules. if you want to tackle, then good luck to your knees!!!

My mate just texted me to say he has 6 definites and is confident of being able to put a full 11 together at least. Their preference is 8pm next Tuesday.

Give we normally play on Tuesdays, that would likely suit us though the problem will probably be getting a pitch.

Des - can you mail Astro.ie and see if they know of any pitches that are free at this (or other) times that we could maybe rent?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Des - can you mail Astro.ie and see if they know of any pitches that are free at this (or other) times that we could maybe rent?
    Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

dcu 11 a side could be free also

Will you check Shay?

In case Astro don't get back to me.

Any word on pitches lads? If not, we can try get each player here to ring a pitch or 2, or could look at the weekend - would be easier to get a pitch but mightnt suit the opposition....maybe we could get a walkover :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

No luck with DCU, they said it's not available.

• Advertisement

Email back from Astro
    Hi Des,

Sorry but there is no availability that we know of.

If, however, we get any advance cancellations we will let you know.

The only other option would be a weekend slot, St. Colmcilles would be available for that.

Regards,

we definately need something before we play again. it will have been only 1 game in 5 weeks like.

how about the 3 rock fron pitch??it never looks like there is much on there...

My mate can only get 6 player for this weekend - midweek would suit him best. They'd be on for a 6-a-side this weekend though.

We really need to keep things ticking over, so who'd be available for a 6-a-side on Sunday afternoon? Am thinking a 6-a-side pitch in Ringsend, UCD, or many other places will be available on a Sunday afternoon.

We could either play them or play amongst ourselves if we have enough players.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

My mate can only get 6 player for this weekend - midweek would suit him best. They'd be on for a 6-a-side this weekend though.

We really need to keep things ticking over, so who'd be available for a 6-a-side on Sunday afternoon? Am thinking a 6-a-side pitch in Ringsend, UCD, or many other places will be available on a Sunday afternoon.

We could either play them or play amongst ourselves if we have enough players.

Yeah count me in.

Can't. Have to study

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Can't. Have to study

study what?

trinity biotech or coffin dodgers again is it?

Yeh Ed. That's the one. Or it could be that Masters I'm doing. Either or

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

Any chance we'll be playing that friendly this week?

des sent around texts today about a game on sat.......im not sure if im around and art and dan are also doubtful. any chance of playing that on thursday?

on another note, a group of us play twice a week in tallaght,its generally accessible to all,within reason. question is,if there is a slot on thursday, can we get 10 lads to go? il check out availability later on when we are there and get back.

so, thursday,if available, have we 10 for tallaght? we need something lads before next week.

Advertisement