Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conection Problems

Options
  • 07-11-2007 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Ok I play a few online games and have no problem with connection at all , now with BF2142 I keep getting the message on screen , you have problem with your connection , and screen freezes every so often , making game play hell, now I have a ping on 38 solid all the time and no internet problem , any idea what the problem is ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

This has been happening me since I reinstalled BF2. Game freezes up for a second or two every couple of minutes. Its infuriating, more than long enough to turn a chopper upside down.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Are you running Punkbuster manually before joining a server? Could be that.

Installed the game, installed 1.41 patch, played the game = Problem started.
    Manually updated PB: No change.
    Opened all the ports BF2 uses: No change.

Very frustrating.

Ugh, its happening with Team Fortress 2 too. Must be my wireless. This sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Zillah wrote: »
    Ugh, its happening with Team Fortress 2 too. Must be my wireless. This sucks.

Wireless internet gaming :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

it ranks up there with the 800+ ping Eircom were giving me last night at 11pm.

/me goes to shop to buy super long ethernet cable

Advertisement