Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat R36

Options
  • 07-11-2007 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭

is the VW Passat R36 available here or when will it be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I'd say it would be some craic trying to sell it on in Ireland afterwards.

3.6l 300bhp VW rep mobile anyone? It would also lead to about 14.5 billion replicas on Irish roads when the boy racer brigade grows up a bit, 1.6/1.9TDi R36's everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

a saloon M3 would be a better choice.

whats the story with the relatively low power on these "R" models.

300 bhp from a 3.6

and in the R32 its 250 bhp from a 3.2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Its not available here yet. I'd imagine it will be well into next year. I remember the R32 was only available in Ireland several months after the UK, and afaik the R36 Passat is not in the UK yet

Be prepared for a lot of X,Y,Z cars would be better comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

As a Passat owner may I say the following in the most mature manner I can muster....

I WANT ONE I WANT ONE I WANT ONE I WANT ONE I WANT ONE I WANT ONE

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease Can i have one ????

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Without a doubt, Ya'll drop your pants in deprecation with it, it'll be similar to the Phaeton. How much will the stealers be looking for one here? they're £28000 new in the uk, whats that here, about €45-50k here when you add vrt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Timmaay wrote: »
    Without a doubt, Ya'll drop your pants in deprecation with it, it'll be similar to the Phaeton. How much will the stealers be looking for one here? they're £28000 new in the uk, whats that here, about €45-50k here when you add vrt?

I worked it out before that it'll be around €55k - €60k, putting it in line with the 260bhp Evo, and the 220bhp impreza, and cheaper than the sti 280bhp impreza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Given the choice of aids, or a passat r36, i would have to go away and think about it.
    If the r32 is anything to go by, expect to be underwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is almost no market in Ireland for a car like that. The last Passat, the B5 was available with a W8 engine but never sold in Ireland.

Most if not all RHD versions, if they bother making one, will go to the UK market.

Advertisement