Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bialetti Mukka Express

Options
  • 07-11-2007 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

While I am not in the higher echelons of coffee connoisseur-dom I enjoy my (hot) cup of coffee.

Anyway last year I went out and bought this
    http://www.bialettishop.com/MukkaMain.htm
    I have a weakness for lattes

However it does not seem to make coffee any other way except lukewarm. I follow the instructions but nada.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

a latte should never be boiling hot. I've never used the mukka so i'm not the best person to comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭musicfan

BIN IT!!!!!!!

I bought one of these a couple of months back and could not get it to make a cup of coffeee that I could drink!!!

It either didn't heat up, if it did heat up most of it would spurt out of the top of it making a complete mess and leave me with a mouthful of coffee!!! I was an utter disaster and the biggest waste of money ever.

I contacted bialetti about mine because after a month or so or trying to make a cup of coffee twice a day (I thought practice would make better!), they suggested I courier it to them in Italy - no thanks!!!

Anyway, I now make my coffee on half milk and half water - heated in the microwave and have invested in a cappochino creamer (about €20) to make it nice and frothy - a much better investment considering I didnt want to spend a couple of hundred euros on a coffee machine!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Never used one of those mukka express gadgets... but with my regular stainless bialetti, leaving the coffee to stand in it for a minute or two after it's finished brewing makes it good and hot. The liquid absorbs heat from the metal. If I pour as soon as it's brewed it tends to be on the cool side.

No idea if this is any use to you, but what's the harm in trying it?

Advertisement