Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PANASONIC VDR-D160EB-S DVD CAMCORDER - will this suit my needs ?

• 07-11-2007 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

I'm looking at buy a camcorder but the array out there is mind boggling. I've looked on Ebay for a new one but when I check out specific items on Amazon etc the reviews are often quite negative ? I can only afford to spend about 400 Euro but only I mainly want it to upload videos onto my PC to post on youtube and email to friends etc, I'm not into technical stuff or editing particularly (yet).

This is the model I was thinking of buying new off Ebay a PANASONIC VDR-D160EB-S DVD CAMCORDER. I want to be able to take decent still images too so I can offload my digital camera.

I'm not sure if I have a firewire? connection on my PC, would this matter with this model ?

Sorry for being a bit vague on the subject, any help and advice will be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

to be honest if you were planning on doing any editing of the video, i'd avoid a dvd based camera. They seemed more designed for doing the editing on the actual camera rather than a pc.

Emm going on the specs, still images are 640x480... thats .3 megapixels i.e, web cam quality... as in really, really, really crap. Most mobile phones can do a lot better than that nowadays..

pci firewire cards can be gotten for like 25euro. besides that camera doesn't have firewire, do any dvd cameras?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

Thanks for the info, I'll give that one a miss for definite. I do need the still photography to be pretty good.

I guess a Mini-DV will be what I go for, having read a little more information on the Which.co.uk website, I'm on there now so I'll read a few reviews and make a decision maybe.

Thanks again

Advertisement