Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gerry05

dkhill47 wrote: »
    welcome gerry05, you might surprise your self you know!:) positive, positive, positive,
    THE PIPER wrote: »
    Gerry if you read back over this tread,you will find a few people saying that they didnt think interview went well,and then got word back to say they passed.So keep positive;)
    thanks piper and everybody for your replys,yeah maybe it did go well going to stay positive till i get the letter, ill be checking that postbox everyday like a madman:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

gerry05 wrote: »
    thanks piper and everybody for your replys,yeah maybe it did go well going to stay positive till i get the letter, ill be checking that postbox everyday like a madman:D

Were their many there with you today doing the Interview & Report Writing?

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Were their many there with you today doing the Interview & Report Writing?
    there was about nine of us,all from different backgrounds.not many young people there i was the youngest and im 27

there was about nine of us,all from different backgrounds.not many young people there i was the youngest and im 27

Did you get any feedback from the other lads there on how they felt they done in their interview? It could be the impression they all got after their interview.

Yeah their was a nice mix at mine also which is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

hi all havnt been on in a while, just to let you all know i passed the written and interview and am now in the process of filling out security checks, its tough :( good luck to everyone!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

hi all havnt been on in a while, just to let you all know i passed the written and interview and am now in the process of filling out security checks, its tough :( good luck to everyone!! :)

Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 colmwills

Hey Everyone, Have my GR interveiw on Tuesday, Any one have any tips!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Abed

Congratulations Dentalnurse;). I know you were worried about not completing the report. As for bckground I think to use common sense is the best way to do it. Best of luck with the rest of the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

Congrats :)

Thank u!!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Hacknabush

Heard a rumor tonight that there will be a passing out on the 14th May. Anyone else heard this? I believe there will be over 200 pasing out. Very Political statement that will be eh, look impressive for the cameras and the politicans, There are guys waiting around for this since last Oct.

• Advertisement

Hacknabush wrote: »
    Heard a rumor tonight that there will be a passing out on the 14th May. Anyone else heard this? I believe there will be over 200 pasing out. Very Political statement that will be eh, look impressive for the cameras and the politicans, There are guys waiting around for this since last Oct.

waiting since last October - crikey! Yeah maybe that's why they left it this long, to have numbers like 200 to promote as passing out ... wouldn't surprise me in the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭freddiew

kerry4sam wrote: »
    waiting since last October - crikey! Yeah maybe that's why they left it this long, to have numbers like 200 to promote as passing out ... wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Yes, I can confirm this is correct, a friend of mine is Graduating then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

So is it generally an older, more experienced age group going for the reserves??
    Im considering applying at the moment since there is a lack of fulltime recruitment:D:eek:and just wondering is there anybody around my age(early 20s) thinking of applying or have applied already?!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

spudz21 wrote: »
    So is it generally an older, more experienced age group going for the reserves??
    Im considering applying at the moment since there is a lack of fulltime recruitment:D:eek:and just wondering is there anybody around my age(early 20s) thinking of applying or have applied already?!

Lots of them. I was in Templemore for phase 3 training at the weekend with 40 other trainees and I can tell you that the majority were in their 20s, with a few even younger than that (18/19)

There's a wide variety of people going for the reserve and I wouldn't ever advise anyone not to apply due to their age (assuming you are between 18-60). If you are interested in the what the Gardaí do and are committed to following the process through to the end then you should absolutely go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭jick the rapper

guys, anyone here from kildare-town region?

if so, where have you been stationed!

i did the did inspector interview approx. 4-5 weeks ago!

still no mail re: medical form :confused:

should i be getting worried??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DubNorth

Thats not a rumour, got the invite in the post recently. We did our phase 3 last October and have been waiting to pass out since then. Looking forward to it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,882 ✭✭✭billyhead

Just a quick question folks and I am pretty sure you will not have an answer. I am awaiting the Supers interview and medical. I was just wondering will there be another intake to Templemore this year if anyone knows. Hopefully if everything prgresses nicely I will be going down with this batch

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Hacknabush

DubNorth wrote: »
    Thats not a rumour, got the invite in the post recently. We did our phase 3 last October and have been waiting to pass out since then. Looking forward to it now!

So not a roumour eh..see you there then. I'll be the one in blue uniform C/W cap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭KIERAN61

So not a roumour eh..see you there then. I'll be the one in blue uniform C/W cap

I wonder will they strictly enforce the amount of family members who can attend especially with the large number expected to be attested.I think it was 4 for us but they were not overly strict if you brought 6.

KIERAN61 wrote: »
    I wonder will they strictly enforce the amount of family members who can attend especially with the large number expected to be attested.I think it was 4 for us but they were not overly strict if you brought 6.

The invite stated that you are allowed to bring a maximum of two guests. But I already know of some of my intake bringing four members of their family.

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

I'm wondering if any of you know whether they hand some sort of parchment at the graduation day. is there a certificate or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

you get your shoulder boards (epaulettes) with your district number on them and then you get to remove the blue student ones you wear during phase 4

stiofanD wrote: »
    you get your shoulder boards (epaulettes) with your district number on them and then you get to remove the blue student ones you wear during phase 4

You don't get your district number till afterwards, you put on plain ones for the time being.
    Yes you get a completion cert also.

You don't get your district number till afterwards, you put on plain ones for the time being.
    Yes you get a completion cert also.

we already got our epiletes with our number and district letter from the sergeant on our unit but we cant wear them until we pass out...

we already got our epiletes with our number and district letter from the sergeant on our unit but we cant wear them until we pass out...

Exactly

Thanks, didn't realise that, must have changed since I done it.

The Nog may correct me on this one.But legally you are still a civillian until you are attested and so have not earned the right to wear your epulets until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭freddiew

The invite stated that you are allowed to bring a maximum of two guests. But I already know of some of my intake bringing four members of their family.

BE WARNED, I was speaking to one of the Training Serg.last week and he told me that there were over 100 graduating and if folk bring more than two guests they will be asked to go into the coffee area for coffee or tea and will not be entertained in the Dining Room. He said this will be the first time they will tick numbers off because of space. BE WARNED!!

Well got the letter today telling me I was,nt succesful on this occasion so its back to the drawing board!!I rang up for some feedback to see were I went wrong:( definitley going to reapply.

How long before you can reapply is it 12 months?
    Also were there many of you who failed it the first time and got the second or third time??

• Advertisement

Well got the letter today telling me I was,nt succesful on this occasion so its back to the drawing board!!I rang up for some feedback to see were I went wrong:( definitley going to reapply.

How long before you can reapply is it 12 months?
    Also were there many of you who failed it the first time and got the second or third time??

You can reapply after 6 months. it used to be 12 but they changed that recently in response to feedback from applicants. I passed on the first time but heard from many that they were successful on the 2nd time. You have the advantage of knowing what is it like and I would certainly reapply if I was you.

Best of luck

Advertisement