Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭glhoran121

hey guys i passed my interview now and just have to fill out the br form how long should it take to get a word back after sending it away ????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

glhoran121 wrote: »
    hey guys i passed my interview now and just have to fill out the br form how long should it take to get a word back after sending it away ????????

Im at the same stage as u, bringin my form br into d station tomorrow, should hear within 2-3 weeks i think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

That's great to hear, I'm sure you are delighted:D:D
    I applied there about two weeks again so preparing for a wait until interview?!How long were ye waiting from applying on Public jobs to being called for interview?
    Also, this br form has to be dropped into local station if your sucessful after interview is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭glhoran121

ya your right just realised i was more interested in how long you have to wait after that em i applied and got called for interview within 3 weeks

spudz21 wrote: »
    That's great to hear, I'm sure you are delighted:D:D
    I applied there about two weeks again so preparing for a wait until interview?!How long were ye waiting from applying on Public jobs to being called for interview?
    Also, this br form has to be dropped into local station if your sucessful after interview is it??

it was a month after i applied i got the interview date then it was 2 weeks after the interview and written that i found out i was successful. I was told to go onto public jobs and print off the form br. Just have to bring it into the station the sargent faxes it off and then another wait :(

• Advertisement

glhoran121 wrote: »
    ya your right just realised i was more interested in how long you have to wait after that em i applied and got called for interview within 3 weeks
    it was a month after i applied i got the interview date then it was 2 weeks after the interview and written that i found out i was successful. I was told to go onto public jobs and print off the form br. Just have to bring it into the station the sargent faxes it off and then another wait :(

Thanks for the quick replies!:)
    Ye were lucky things have moved quickly so far for ye!!I have a feeling I could be waiting bit longer, don't the interviews rotate around in different regions to fill vacancies?!I'll need patience:D:rolleyes:

Thanks for the quick replies!:)
    Ye were lucky things have moved quickly so far for ye!!I have a feeling I could be waiting bit longer, don't the interviews rotate around in different regions to fill vacancies?!I'll need patience:D:rolleyes:

when i first submitted my application i chose midlands/dublin area, they sent me an email saying that i could do it in chapter house the following week as they do it weekly there (its like they're "base") now that was back in august so i dunno if they do that anymore, at the time i wasnt ready so i turned it down. but believe me they are mad to take on, i got 3 emails in one week (2months ago) trying to get me to accept an interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

where on public jobs do you get the br form?

Spartan09 wrote: »
    where on public jobs do you get the br form?

hi :)
    go onto public jobs,from ur homepage click "campaign updates" and then "in progress campaigns", scroll down to garda reserve(voluntary) and from br is located there :)

when i first submitted my application i chose midlands/dublin area, they sent me an email saying that i could do it in chapter house the following week as they do it weekly there (its like they're "base") now that was back in august so i dunno if they do that anymore, at the time i wasnt ready so i turned it down. but believe me they are mad to take on, i got 3 emails in one week (2months ago) trying to get me to accept an interview :)

Oh thats interesting!!:)
    I submitted my form on publicjobs and got the confirmation email with competition nmber so I'm assuming I've done everything right:D
    How did ya find the interview?Would you have a lot of community involvement under your belt?I have some but am wondering if it will be enough:eek:

• Advertisement

hi :)
    go onto public jobs,from ur homepage click "campaign updates" and then "in progress campaigns", scroll down to garda reserve(voluntary) and from br is located there :)

found it thanks for that, this could take a while to fill out....

Oh thats interesting!!:)
    I submitted my form on publicjobs and got the confirmation email with competition nmber so I'm assuming I've done everything right:D
    How did ya find the interview?Would you have a lot of community involvement under your belt?I have some but am wondering if it will be enough:eek:

Nope uv done at all right so far, the interview was fine. Just prepare urself. he asked me what would i do if i was walking down the street in uniform and thugs were taunting me.... things like that, all the voluntary work i had was scouts, u have to give 3 examples. simple things like helping with parades and stuff like that, any community involvement. the 3 things to work on are, work in ur community, solving a difficult problem and working as part of a team, you have to have 3 examples of each, start preparing them sher b one step ahead. the written is easy enough, u get a story in pics and speach bubbles, u pick out factual,non factual and irrelevent bits. none of us finished the exercise and we all passed :)
    I hope thats helpful :D

found it thanks for that, this could take a while to fill out....

Yeah it took me 2weeks lol :) had to go to relatives on both sides and i didnt want anyone to know so i had to tell everyone now i feel i have to pass lol :(

Nope uv done at all right so far, the interview was fine. Just prepare urself. he asked me what would i do if i was walking down the street in uniform and thugs were taunting me.... things like that, all the voluntary work i had was scouts, u have to give 3 examples. simple things like helping with parades and stuff like that, any community involvement. the 3 things to work on are, work in ur community, solving a difficult problem and working as part of a team, you have to have 3 examples of each, start preparing them sher b one step ahead. the written is easy enough, u get a story in pics and speach bubbles, u pick out factual,non factual and irrelevent bits. none of us finished the exercise and we all passed :)
    I hope thats helpful :D

Thats a great help!!thanks a mil:D
    I suppose it would do no harm to start doing a bit of prep now!might help with the waiting?!Are u thinking of going for the fulltime when the recruitment starts up again?I hadn't considered joining the reserves before, but its now an option with all this moratorium talk!!:(

Thats a great help!!thanks a mil:D
    I suppose it would do no harm to start doing a bit of prep now!might help with the waiting?!Are u thinking of going for the fulltime when the recruitment starts up again?I hadn't considered joining the reserves before, but its now an option with all this moratorium talk!!:(

Yep definately, iv always wanted to be a member, with the recruitment frozen for the moment i decided to do for the reserves, it will stand to me in the interview for the full-time recruitment. :)

Yep definately, iv always wanted to be a member, with the recruitment frozen for the moment i decided to do for the reserves, it will stand to me in the interview for the full-time recruitment. :)

Exactly!:)
    Anything to improve the chances:pThere will be big competition when the recruitment starts up again!
    Reserves will be good experience and show commitment(fingers crossed:))

Exactly!:)
    Anything to improve the chances:pThere will be big competition when the recruitment starts up again!
    Reserves will be good experience and show commitment(fingers crossed:))

yep :) i mean if ur comiting urself to something and not being paid for it u obviously want it badly enough :)

Yeah it took me 2weeks lol :) had to go to relatives on both sides and i didnt want anyone to know so i had to tell everyone now i feel i have to pass lol :(

Sorry another question about the form, on the section for aunts /uncles, is that just mother / father's brothers and sisters or their spouses also, ie aunts / uncles by marriage?

Sorry another question about the form, on the section for aunts /uncles, is that just mother / father's brothers and sisters or their spouses also, ie aunts / uncles by marriage?

o god i just put my mum and dads bros and sisters i didnt put who they are married to!!! good question, i wouldn say so though. can u let me know?? plz :)

o god i just put my mum and dads bros and sisters i didnt put who they are married to!!! good question, i wouldn say so though. can u let me know?? plz :)

i just read over my form and it doesnt say anything about their spouses!!!!

• Advertisement

i just read over my form and it doesnt say anything about their spouses!!!!

Thats good enough for me, I'll just put them in and if they really need aunts / uncles spouses I'll find it all out, hope wont have to though

Thats good enough for me, I'll just put them in and if they really need aunts / uncles spouses I'll find it all out, hope wont have to though

ah no i really dont think we'd have to :)

I think the only relations ya have to put down on those background check forms are those related to you directly by blood not marriage!!So, ya don't have to put down uncles/aunts spouses, thats my understanding from doing bit of research:P

yep :) i mean if ur comiting urself to something and not being paid for it u obviously want it badly enough :)

Yea, it definitely stands to ya!
    I have heard from one sergeant that he finds the reserves in his station more dedicated than some of his fulltimers because they aren't been paid:Dthink he was slagging a bit though:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Silently loud

CONGRATS TO ALL THE RESERVES WHO GRADUATED LAST WEEK

WELL DONE.

:D

During these times i think people should make a point of asking the cadidates who are calling to the door about their views on the GRs

I asked a few didnt mention my connection and was shocked my the replies i got. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jeanxx

Oh what were the replies SL?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Does anyone know when the next intake is?? I applied in October 2007 had everything passed and handed my Gr2 (now BR) form into my local station in march 2008 and im waiting since to be called for the medical :( Im just wouindering does anyone know when the next intake/medicals are??:confused:

Thanks ,
    Tommy :cool:

CONGRATS TO ALL THE RESERVES WHO GRADUATED LAST WEEK

WELL DONE.
    :D
    During these times i think people should make a point of asking the cadidates who are calling to the door about their views on the GRs
    I asked a few didnt mention my connection and was shocked my the replies i got. :eek:

damn it i just got two at the door there, should have read this first. what did they say???????

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

... During these times i think people should make a point of asking the cadidates who are calling to the door about their views on the GRs

Jeanxx wrote: »
    Oh what were the replies SL?
    damn it i just got two at the door there, should have read this first. what did they say???????

I for one honestly couldn't give two hoots what any local election candidate thinks of the Garda Reserves. I have no intention of ever letting the opinion of a small minority of people determine my future ambitions in A.G.S. Besides they won't be the people working hand-in-hand / or watching our backs on the jobs if we are lucky enough to be successful.

Regardless of the feedback, be it good; bad or indifferent I know I applied for the right reasons and to aid my future ambitions to succeed in full-time A.G.S. & I won't be asking any one of them for their opinions of the Reserve Gardaì.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 THE PIPER

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I for one honestly couldn't give two hoots what any local election candidate thinks of the Garda Reserves. I have no intention of ever letting the opinion of a small minority of people determine my future ambitions in A.G.S. Besides they won't be the people working hand-in-hand / or watching our backs on the jobs if we are lucky enough to be successful.

Regardless of the feedback, be it good; bad or indifferent I know I applied for the right reasons and to aid my future ambitions to succeed in full-time A.G.S. & I won't be asking any one of them for their opinions of the Reserve Gardaì.
    WELL SAID SAM!!!! People goin for the reserves shouldnt care what the local politicians think!!You do this for you and the reasons that matter to you and nobody else.

Advertisement