Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

THE PIPER wrote: »
    WELL SAID SAM!!!! People goin for the reserves shouldnt care what the local politicians think!!You do this for you and the reasons that matter to you and nobody else.

thanks ... I felt it needed to be said. People really shouldn't be anxious about what they say - they are canvassing for votes for starters and will feed off of your reactions! and secondly, we, if successful will hear a heck of alot worse that anything negative they will say, when we are members of Reserve Gardaì.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 THE PIPER

kerry4sam wrote: »
    thanks ... I felt it needed to be said. People really shouldn't be anxious about what they say - they are canvassing for votes for starters and will feed off of your reactions! and secondly, we, if successful will hear a heck of alot worse that anything negative they will say, when we are members of Reserve Gardaì.
    And that is for sure;)Down to the supers interview this wk,all background checks etc done and completed.Sgt rang me this morning to say all in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jeanxx

I for one honestly couldn't give two hoots what any local election candidate thinks of the Garda Reserves. I have no intention of ever letting the opinion of a small minority of people determine my future ambitions in A.G.S. Besides they won't be the people working hand-in-hand / or watching our backs on the jobs if we are lucky enough to be successful.

Regardless of the feedback, be it good; bad or indifferent I know I applied for the right reasons and to aid my future ambitions to succeed in full-time A.G.S. & I won't be asking any one of them for their opinions of the Reserve Gardaì.

You have a very good point & I agree because I have the same intentions as you but it's always interesting to know what other people think of the Reserves. Good, bad or indifferent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭billyhead

Lads,

I have my final interview with the inspector scheduled for this evening. What sort of questions can i expect to be asked and how long does it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Does anyone know when the next intake is?? I applied in October 2007 had everything passed and handed my Gr2 (now BR) form into my local station in march 2008 and im waiting since to be called for the medical frown.gif Im just wouindering does anyone know when the next intake/medicals are??confused.gif

Thanks ,
    Tommy cool.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

Hi Guys,
    Im currently waiting on medical and pct for the full time,so with the current slow down in recruitment could i apply for the reserves while im waiting on the full time,does it take long to join the reserves? thanks for any help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

andrew1985 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Im currently waiting on medical and pct for the full time,so with the current slow down in recruitment could i apply for the reserves while im waiting on the full time,does it take long to join the reserves? thanks for any help:)

'course you can apply

as for how long it will take, this depends to a large extent on your background checks which are the same as the full-time, so no one knows but 6 to 9 months would be about the go of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

lehanemore wrote: »
    'course you can apply

as for how long it will take, this depends to a large extent on your background checks which are the same as the full-time, so no one knows but 6 to 9 months would be about the go of it.

cheers im going to look into it now:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Hey Billyhead,

Only saw your thread now, how did you get on?

The Inspector asked me, Do you work on shift work, About my back ground checks, and why join up!!:)

All of that came to, That the Inspector would recommend me...That was 2 weeks ago approx.

Still waiting on Med...I'd say it wont happen until late this year. I'm based in Dublin.

billyhead wrote: »
    Lads,

I have my final interview with the inspector scheduled for this evening. What sort of questions can i expect to be asked and how long does it take?

Mc,

The interview was grand. He just asked questions baout my job, hobbies, background etc, and then told me he would send in a positive recommendation and that hopefully I will get to wear the uniform asap:p, whenever that willbe. I just have to wait for the medical now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

Just got word today that passed the interview and the exam, trying to get all the details for the background check now, hope not too many of the family up to no good that i dont know about.....! Only 1 week since did interview, impressed by how quickly they decide and get in touch post interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

Spartan09 wrote: »
    impressed by how quickly they decide and get in touch post interview!

this won't last;):)

Does anyone know when the next intake is?? I applied in October 2007 had everything passed and handed my Gr2 (now BR) form into my local station in march 2008 and im waiting since to be called for the medical frown.gif Im just wouindering does anyone know when the next intake/medicals are??confused.gif

Thanks ,
    Tommy cool.gif

Well Chief Wiggum, I spoke to somebody in Garda HQ regarding this. They are telling me Its a random amount of people from 08 and 09 that go forward, Id say your not far off. What part of Eire are you.!! That might say a lot....Dublin seems to move faster??

Well Chief Wiggum, I spoke to somebody in Garda HQ regarding this. They are telling me Its a random amount of people from 08 and 09 that go forward, Id say your not far off. What part of Eire are you.!! That might say a lot....Dublin seems to move faster??

Im from kerry so ifi passed the medical id be stationed in Tralee!:D Thanks for reply :)

Hi Mc,

I am not sure what you mean by a random amount of people that go forward. Do you mean this is due to problems with background checks in that there elimintaed before the medical or that they randomly pick out names of applicants that have completed all the prior stages last year and so far this year that will be called for the medical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Think by random, he means that there are no set numbers, depends on the amount that pass particular stages. Numbers vary all the time

Ya waht do you mean by They are telling me Its a random amount of people from 08 and 09 that go forward ???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Story1970

Ya waht do you mean by They are telling me Its a random amount of people from 08 and 09 that go forward ???:confused:

The only one's that go forward are those who receive the security clearance ( GR2 Form ) ... That for most is what causes the delay ! :o mine took nearly 2 years ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

hi everyone... i submitted an application on the 02/04/2009 but have heard noting. can anyone give me an idea how long it can take for thing to start rolling, or be that rolling slowly at least. :D

dkhill47 wrote: »
    hi everyone... i submitted an application on the 02/04/2009 but have heard noting. can anyone give me an idea how long it can take for thing to start rolling, or be that rolling slowly at least. :D

Well they were last held here for Kerry & Cork in March so I would assume they will be held again either late May / early June based on previous time-scales before the increase in applicants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

Well they were last held here for Kerry & Cork in March so I would assume they will be held again either late May / early June based on previous time-scales before the increase in applicants.

thanks kerry, do you get much notice of the interview?

dkhill47 wrote: »
    thanks kerry, do you get much notice of the interview?

Not a bother. I got notice of about 3weeks to a month, really fair in all honesty. It gives people every opportunity to fully prepare themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Richiedelight

Hi there all,

I have my interview next week, worried about test,ill practice everyday now..so want to pass,anyone else goig for interview.

cheers

richie:)

Hi there all,

I have my interview next week, worried about test,ill practice everyday now..so want to pass,anyone else goig for interview.

cheers

Richie,

Welcome to boards :) Their is some massive advice on this thread right here but if you've any questions or queries their are some great people who post on here with extra tips, advice & support. I wish you well in your interview.

Kerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭lucygoosy

Hi there all,

cheers

Hey richie,

I am on phase 4 of reserve training wanna join full time like many! For the test just take your time and try to think realistically, try and picture yourself dealing with the scenario and see what you would honestly do. Whatever is logical.

Interview, be yourself, community work etc is good. Dont worry you will be fine! You want to join full time? If so, you going about it the wrong way Im getting great experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭lucygoosy

ah no i really dont think we'd have to :)

Ye prob have it sent in ut its just your blood relations!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

lucygoosy wrote: »
    Ye prob have it sent in ut its just your blood relations!:)

Thank god because I'm still filling mine in, took ages to get all the details. Bit of a nuisance that you have to repeat alot of info from the original application form, school/college, quailifications previous addresses etc Nearly there.....

Story1970 wrote: »
    The only one's that go forward are those who receive the security clearance ( GR2 Form ) ... That for most is what causes the delay ! :o mine took nearly 2 years ....

Yes your right, It's all down to clearances, and where you are in Ireland -As I was told that Dublin seems to move a bit faster...Why? Maybe more Cop shops to fill.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Richiedelight

spudz21 wrote: »
    So is it generally an older, more experienced age group going for the reserves??
    Im considering applying at the moment since there is a lack of fulltime recruitment:D:eek:and just wondering is there anybody around my age(early 20s) thinking of applying or have applied already?!

hi there spudz,

i have applied im 25 have my interview this week,hope it goes well for me,have you had your interview

richie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

hi there spudz,

i have applied im 25 have my interview this week,hope it goes well for me,have you had your interview

richie

Thats good to hear:D
    Ive applied since that last post, waiting to hear about an interview. Check your PM:)

Advertisement