Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Story1970

Yes your right, It's all down to clearances, and where you are in Ireland -As I was told that Dublin seems to move a bit faster...Why? Maybe more Cop shops to fill.....:eek:

Dublin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Did anyone hear when the next intake is ??:confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

For everyone in the Kerry/Cork Regions interesting in applying for Reserve Garda: Interviews will take place in the Malton Hotel, Killarney between June 30th & July 2nd. I wish you all well if you do decide to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tod1577

if you log onto this link http://www.examinations.ie/ you will find a link to apply for your results.All you need is your pps number and it is free of charge.Was only waiting about a week for mine to get to me.Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

kerry4sam wrote: »
    For everyone in the Kerry/Cork Regions interesting in applying for Reserve Garda: Interviews will take place in the Malton Hotel, Killarney between June 30th & July 2nd. I wish you all well if you do decide to apply.

thanks kerry, got the email today, cant wait!!!!!:D

• Advertisement

dkhill47 wrote: »
    thanks kerry, got the email today, cant wait!!!!!:D

hey dk deelighted to hear you're going for the Reserves mate & plenty of time to prepare I think. They are always fair in that regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jenny82288228

How are you everyone!

I'm starting Phase I on the 19th of June. Does anyone know how I can get to Garda College in Templemore from Dublin?

Many Thanks!

Hi Jenny

Your best bet would be to drive to roscrea,there is a turn off for templemore there.I think thats your best option anyway.Its not to far from roscrea and the road is fairly good.

tod1577 wrote: »
    Hi Jenny

Your best bet would be to drive to roscrea,there is a turn off for templemore there.I think thats your best option anyway.Its not to far from roscrea and the road is fairly good.

Hi Tod1577

Thank you for your reply,but I'm not driving. Should I take train or bus, any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 THE PIPER

Just met with the local inspector this morning,He said he would be recomending my application and that he hoped to see me in uniform soon.
    Just the medical now:D

• Advertisement

Hi jenny

Your best bet would be to get the train.The college is only approx a mile from the station.

Thanks a lot Tod!

THE PIPER wrote: »
    Just met with the local inspector this morning,He said he would be recomending my application and that he hoped to see me in uniform soon.

:cool:

Well done Piper. Hopefully we'll get a call for the medical sometime soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Well done The Piper, Just like me waiting for that Medical.. You never know Santa might bring it for xmas...Pull up a chair and gather dust. :cool:

:cool:

Well done Piper. Hopefully we'll get a call for the medical sometime soon :)
    Hopefully we get a call soon,:rolleyes:Well its good to be this far anyway:)

Well done The Piper, Just like me waiting for that Medical.. You never know Santa might bring it for xmas...Pull up a chair and gather dust. :cool:
    Havent gatherd too much dust up to now,only applied in febuary;)This could be the slow bit:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

Hi Tod1577

Thank you for your reply,but I'm not driving. Should I take train or bus, any idea?

if you get the bus to templemore town its about 10 min walk from there to the collage ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Abed

Lads, for those who are also waiting for a full time intake from May campaign, there is certainly one going ahead in October.

"A Garda spokesman said an influx of recruits to the Garda Siochana is under way with another intake due in October."

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/1in10-chasing-psni-posts-is-from-republic-1750973.html

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

Abed wrote: »
    Lads, for those who are also waiting for a full time intake from May campaign, there is certainly one going ahead in October.

"A Garda spokesman said an influx of recruits to the Garda Siochana is under way with another intake due in October."

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/1in10-chasing-psni-posts-is-from-republic-1750973.html

Great find abed! Thanks for that! I'll post it in the waiting room thread to let the others know

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Abed

Great find abed! Thanks for that! I'll post it in the waiting room thread to let the others know

Go ahead;) and good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

sent you a pm,TOMMY-KERRY.

Abed wrote: »

Good find Abed & a great read at this late hour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

People going for the intake on 19th June coming from Dublin.

Has anyone noticed that we've to be there at 9am.
    The 1st train in the morning gets there at 10.48am :confused:

ball wrote: »

go down the night before what most of the last lot did so no early morning traveling down

they should have space in the collage if ya get in touch with them ;)

Hopefully we get a call soon,:rolleyes:Well its good to be this far anyway:)

yeah it sure is good to be just waiting on the medical alright.

I have to get some physio done on my leg in the morning so I do :mad: I injured it out running two days ago & they couldn't fit me in until the morning.

yeah it sure is good to be just waiting on the medical alright.

I have to get some physio done on my leg in the morning so I do :mad: I injured it out running two days ago & they couldn't fit me in until the morning.
    EEKK well you need to take care when training,i started back training while back but taken it easy.just on the bike and walking:)

EEKK well you need to take care when training,i started back training while back but taken it easy.just on the bike and walking:)

This is an auld injury that hasn't raised it's head for years! until now! :mad:.

Yeah trust me I will be more careful. I do the same as yourself, bike & walking/jogging alternate days. Thankfully the weather is improving as the cold wind & rain used to cut into my lungs when I was out running/jogging/walking so it did.

Let's keep each other & everyone else waiting on medicals motivated here folks, it will do us all good in the long run :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭lucygoosy

Hey Lucy,

You won't be issued until you are attested, time varies.

Thanks a million, we got letters out from college wondering if we had received training or been isuued with ASP but that makes sense if you must graduate first. Hopefully soon its a bit of a health and safety isuue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭lucygoosy

ball wrote: »

You can go night before just phone the college day or two in advance let them know you are coming :D

• Advertisement

ZoneAlarm wrote: »
    go down the night before what most of the last lot did so no early morning traveling down

they should have space in the collage if ya get in touch with them ;)

mmm think i covered that but must have been overlooked :D

Advertisement