Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 THE PIPER

kerry4sam wrote: »
    This is an auld injury that hasn't raised it's head for years! until now! :mad:.

Yeah trust me I will be more careful. I do the same as yourself, bike & walking/jogging alternate days. Thankfully the weather is improving as the cold wind & rain used to cut into my lungs when I was out running/jogging/walking so it did.

Let's keep each other & everyone else waiting on medicals motivated here folks, it will do us all good in the long run :)
    I could do with getting fit anyway;)Wonder will it be long untill we get called for the medical:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

THE PIPER wrote: »
    I could do with getting fit anyway;)Wonder will it be long untill we get called for the medical:confused:

I'd say we could be watching this guy for some time to come :D

weightliftingclock.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tod1577

anyone else get a letter from public jobs about passing interview and written report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

morning everyone, just getting ready to email application form for interview back, 2 questions, do you bring the photo the day of the interview and do you sign it if your emailing it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

anyone else get a letter from public jobs about passing interview and written report.

Yep did the Interview & Written last Wednesday, had a letter in the post yesterday to say i had passed that part. Next step is medical and background check....

How did you find the interview / test by the way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tod1577

I thought it was ok,both the interviewers were very nice i thought and tried to make it as easy as possible. This BR2 form looks like a bit of work.

dkhill47 wrote: »
    morning everyone, just getting ready to email application form for interview back, 2 questions, do you bring the photo the day of the interview and do you sign it if your emailing it back?

I sent mine in via e-mail also & I brought my photo along with me on the day of the interview. As for the signature, just type in your name & date it. They will give you a little piece of paper on the day itself which they will they want you to put your signature on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

I sent mine in via e-mail also & I brought my photo along with me on the day of the interview. As for the signature, just type in your name & date it. They will give you a little piece of paper on the day itself which they will they want you to put your signature on.

a fountain of knowledge as always kerry, cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 THE PIPER

I'd say we could be watching this guy for some time to come :D

weightliftingclock.JPG
    Lets be positive,could all happen sooner than we think;)

I thought it was ok,both the interviewers were very nice i thought and tried to make it as easy as possible. This BR2 form looks like a bit of work.

Yeah same here. Lucky i was reading the forums and knew you could still pass the written without finishing it. Only got half of it done and would have been worried.

Havent had a chance to look at the form yet, sounds fun though.

• Advertisement

THE PIPER wrote: »
    Lets be positive,could all happen sooner than we think;)

Looks like I'll be pulling out mè rothar for a while - been told their is to be no jogging or running for me for a week, only walking, cycling or swimming.

Did you get out about much today Piper?

Col_Loki wrote: »
    Yeah same here. Lucky i was reading the forums and knew you could still pass the written without finishing it. Only got half of it done and would have been worried.

oh you'll love the form Col_Loki - It's a real barrel of laughs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭lucygoosy

ZoneAlarm wrote: »
    mmm think i covered that but must have been overlooked :D

Sorry, didn't see it :D

lucygoosy wrote: »
    Hey richie,

I am on phase 4 of reserve training wanna join full time like many! For the test just take your time and try to think realistically, try and picture yourself dealing with the scenario and see what you would honestly do. Whatever is logical.

Interview, be yourself, community work etc is good. Dont worry you will be fine! You want to join full time? If so, you going about it the wrong way Im getting great experience

Oops meant to say right way not wrong way!!!! Hope you do well!

Spartan09 wrote: »
    Thank god because I'm still filling mine in, took ages to get all the details. Bit of a nuisance that you have to repeat alot of info from the original application form, school/college, quailifications previous addresses etc Nearly there.....

I know but chin up you are nearly there! Try get the form in asap cos you could be waiting a while to hear back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

Sorry, didn't see it :D

that's no prob Lucy i forgive you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

I know but chin up you are nearly there! Try get the form in asap cos you could be waiting a while to hear back!

I have the form all done and just waiting on one reference from a previous employer before I send the form in, friend of mine who is a full time member thinks my background shouldnt take too long - hard to know though, will keep ye all posted on any developments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Richiedelight

Col_Loki wrote: »

hi there I was just wondering about that form,where can I find it.had interview 27th of may,it was hard the interview,lady was really nice...test was ok but i never finished it either,dont feel over all i done well but sure
    cant do anything now ill just apply again

thanks richie:cool::)

Oops meant to say right way not wrong way!!!! Hope you do well!

hi there,

interview was ok i guess ya never know.....never finished the exam.....just cross my fingers now

thanx richie:)

hi there,

interview was ok i guess ya never know.....never finished the exam.....just cross my fingers now

thanx richie:)

Richie when was it you done your stage#1 ? Most people get their results within 7 working days & more often than not feel they didn't do themselves justice but still receive the "congratulations..."

• Advertisement

hi there I was just wondering about that form,where can I find it.had interview 27th of may,it was hard the interview,lady was really nice...test was ok but i never finished it either,dont feel over all i done well but sure

thanks richie

Hi Richie,

Reckon you might find out Wed/Thur about how you got on (they seem to be getting back to people in about a week). You should only fill out the form if you have passed, sure here is where it is anyway......

http://www.publicjobs.ie/downloads/06053_Application_Form_BR.doc

Started filling it out last night, bloody nightmare trying to remember the different places ive lived and the rest of it looks like a bundle of fun too.

Best of luck anyway,

Colin

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Zoulikha

thanks richie:cool::)

I had an interview on 27th as well. Got the letter today that i was succesfull. I found interview pretty hard as well. The lady was very nice but the man was tough... And didn't finish the test either. Was towards the end though... Now really scared about the next stage....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭kensey

Well the title says it all.. Starting my training in Templemore for the GR 19th June 2009. Absolutely delighted!! Want to join up full time and i'm using reserves to gain valuable field experience and also to get a good feel for the job. Based in mayo and pleasantly surprised on how quick and smooth the whole process has went. Can anybody tell my what the first phase is like?? maybe a little about the process of the weekend? What to expect etc??

To those of you who are still in the process of applying, hang on in there!!
    To those of you who have recently graduated, Well Done!!

Any feedback Welcome!!

Thanks in Advance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

great to hear kensey the first phase really is an introduction weekend. . you go up and get measured for the uniform go to a few lectures about the law use of force and so on. . . then sunday is self defence and role plays its all quiet easy really to be honest. . you can also go out sat night which is what most people do. . best of luck to you anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

Hi everyone,its been a while, got a phone call this morning have the interview with d local super on fri morn!!! its not something i can prepare for!!! im so nervous but excited too!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

Hi everyone,its been a while, got a phone call this morning have the interview with d local super on fri morn!!! its not something i can prepare for!!! im so nervous but excited too!!! :)

Hey dentalnurse :) well done and don't worry it'll be grand it's just a general chat nothing serious it'll be like the meeting with the Sgt really,anyway good luck with it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Abed

Just to add my view on the long selection process;

I agree with all conflicting posts really. The process is very long and not quite transparent. However lack of funds is a major issue and in my opinion prioritisation is another issue which delays the process.

Having said that, the statutory fact that passing all selection stages does not give a person the right to be appointed as a member of AGS which remains at the absolute discretion of the Commissioner is the reason why the threshold of transparency is not as wide as in most other official processes. this is to some extent understandable.

Once again, I agree with all previous posts on the matter equally. The one thing we can and should do is to take it easy and wait, at leat we are not at the same situation as full time applicants whose career plans are at stake.

Regards to all:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 thebigfella71

Thanks Abed,

I of course agree with you, and i was never "complaining" about having to wait, I was however complaining about the poor way i think candidates are treated..... but it seems we do indeed just have to wait.:(

Thanks again

Bigfella:)

hi there colin,

i heard on tuesday that i passed stage 1 was really happy...sent my br form to station today hope i hear something back soon,do you have a personal number on your letter,i dont but says you need one..

keep me posted ya on your progress,maybe we will go on same training

cheers

richie:)

• Advertisement

Zoulikha wrote: »
    I had an interview on 27th as well. Got the letter today that i was succesfull. I found interview pretty hard as well. The lady was very nice but the man was tough... And didn't finish the test either. Was towards the end though... Now really scared about the next stage....

Hi there,

was i talking to you that day,ya i also sucessful.heard on tuesday...filled out the br form and sent it off today...have you done it yet

richie:)

Advertisement