Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

spudz21 wrote: »
    Yea, exactly, to be honest i probably won't be submitting my form for another week or two, need to sort a few details etc and have few other things on my plate at mo:D

If they ring you to ask what station will you be handing in your form to, does that mean thats the station where your sergeant, super interviews will be held??:D

it depends i would say, you local sargent will be your local station but the super my be in the District headquarters, some one will correct me if i'm wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

dkhill47 wrote: »
    it depends i would say, you local sargent will be your local station but the super my be in the District headquarters, some one will correct me if i'm wrong!

Thats what I was thinking:D:D
    Hav bit of confusion over that?!maybe ya might know, just sent ya a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

Got the acceptance letter on friday - pretty happy about that! All the best to everyone else who applied. Might just make the September batch...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Balto

:cool::cool::cool:Many Congrats and all the best:cool::cool::cool:
    :cool::cool::cool:

EGOSHEA wrote: »
    Got the acceptance letter on friday - pretty happy about that! All the best to everyone else who applied. Might just make the September batch...
    congratulations eg, i wouldnt hope for september, unless they go in to over drive!!!!!!!:):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

dkhill47 wrote: »
    congratulations eg, i wouldnt hope for september, unless they go in to over drive!!!!!!!:):):):)
    You're probably right there. I haven't even handed in my BR forms yet. My fiance's from Denmark too so I have NO idea how long that might take. Still, as long as I get in with the next lot at least...

billyhead wrote: »
    Yeh,

Same here. I handed mine in Last February , did the super interview and sergeants interview around March and havent heard a word since

hope its not going to take that long, well without hearing some thing anyway. iam not the most patient person! better start practicing i suspose...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 lavman

DK47 wrote: »
    how long you being waiting?
    I've been waiting three months now and haven't heard a thing. Wouldn't mind but i've only got a small family to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Hi all, Just rang HQ - They told me that all Reserves background checks will be moving much faster now! Sence the cut backs of new full time G's..in Templemore. It look's like everybody is still waiting on Background checks. People that passed exam/ interview in March 09, Have a good chance in getting a medical and tranning around Nov this year. Thank god I went on a long break to California... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

Hi all, Just rang HQ - They told me that all Reserves background checks will be moving much faster now! Sence the cut backs of new full time G's..in Templemore. It look's like everybody is still waiting on Background checks. People that passed exam/ interview in March 09, Have a good chance in getting a medical and tranning around Nov this year. Thank god I went on a long break to California... :cool:

hi, i also rang them today lol, the girl told me they are taking in a class in september and another in november!!! :eek: Hope d checks went ok for me, all this waiting makes u lose hope :( how was california?? well4 some lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

hi, i also rang them today lol, the girl told me they are taking in a class in september and another in november!!! :eek: Hope d checks went ok for me, all this waiting makes u lose hope :( how was california?? well4 some lol

Hey guys, thank you both for ringing HQ to see what the story is, will be on holidays until mid september but as havent heard anything re sergeants or supers interview yet didnt think would make the September batch but will keep fingers crossed that might make it in November, itching to get started into it now.....!!

Spartan09 wrote: »
    Hey guys, thank you both for ringing HQ to see what the story is, will be on holidays until mid september but as havent heard anything re sergeants or supers interview yet didnt think would make the September batch but will keep fingers crossed that might make it in November, itching to get started into it now.....!!

Spartan09 my interviews were both done within a week of eachother there is hope yet lol
    Im soooo excited!!! where u off to?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

Spartan09 my interviews were both done within a week of eachother there is hope yet lol
    Im soooo excited!!! where u off to?? :D

Thailand, going there to learn public order techniques in preparation for the Reserves...! Nah beaches and jungles will have to do instead....!!

Spartan09 wrote: »
    Thailand, going there to learn public order techniques in preparation for the Reserves...! Nah beaches and jungles will have to do instead....!!

lol nice one.....sounds like lots of fun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭starman08

have u done your medical yet?

starman08 wrote: »
    have u done your medical yet?

no medical done yet, everything else is done just waiting on background checks then medical hopefully. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭starman08

no medical done yet, everything else is done just waiting on background checks then medical hopefully. :o
    same as my self... wel i wish you good health then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Great time, I try to fly over aleast once a year. Nice bunch of mates over there. Weather was fab-that goes with out saying...
    Good to hear yours is moving along aswell. I'm still waiting on Med myself, that wont happen after Back ground checks...so HQ say........OOOhhh Yeahhhhh..:P Talk soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 limerick2009

hi there
    the waiting is awfull.i'm in same boat waiting for medical now as well
    applied in early january.seven months waiting.hopefully not much more to go.

hi there
    the waiting is awfull.i'm in same boat waiting for medical now as well
    applied in early january.seven months waiting.hopefully not much more to go.

yep so looks like we're all just waiting on d background checks to come back then d medical. or have u passed d background checks??:confused:

• Advertisement

im still going through the background checks id assume.if there is an intake to templemore in september.i would hope to be in that batch

im still going through the background checks id assume.if there is an intake to templemore in september.i would hope to be in that batch

yeah it will either be sept or nov depending on how many were before us, i hope d checks go ok, im afraid to get too excited about it....

anyone know when the intake is.early,mid,late september???

anyone know when the intake is.early,mid,late september???

havnt a clue they havnt said....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anvil

hello to all ,my name is anvil.i am new to this thread,can anybody tell me how long will i be waiting for the background cheques to complete,as i passed everything else on the 2th feb 09.thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sf94

anvil wrote: »
    hello to all ,my name is anvil.i am new to this thread,can anybody tell me how long will i be waiting for the background cheques to complete,as i passed everything else on the 2th feb 09.thank you

Hi anvil, I think unfortunately no one can say for sure. The length of time seems to vary for everyone (based on what I've read on here anyway) ranging from a few months to 2 years. Seems to depend alot on where your relatives are living, if you have a lot abroad it can delay things. I handed in my BR form in February and my checks were completed by May....but all my relatives are in Ireland. Sit back, relax and forget about is the best advices I can give

sf94 wrote: »
    Hi anvil, I think unfortunately no one can say for sure. The length of time seems to vary for everyone (based on what I've read on here anyway) ranging from a few months to 2 years. Seems to depend alot on where your relatives are living, if you have a lot abroad it can delay things. I handed in my BR form in February and my checks were completed by May....but all my relatives are in Ireland. Sit back, relax and forget about is the best advices I can give

sf94 have u had ur medical yet and how did u hear bout passing BR?? post/email??? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sf94

sf94 have u had ur medical yet and how did u hear bout passing BR?? post/email??? :)

I got a phone call asking me to go for a medical in May (couldn't attend it then though), nobody ever said anything outright about the checks but I just presumed the checks came back all clear since I was asked to go for the medical.

sf94 wrote: »
    I got a phone call asking me to go for a medical in May (couldn't attend it then though), nobody ever said anything outright about the checks but I just presumed the checks came back all clear since I was asked to go for the medical.

iv heard that they can call u for the medical while ur waiting on br checks!!! eek u could be still waiting on them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

iv heard that they can call u for the medical while ur waiting on br checks!!! eek u could be still waiting on them!!

No text speak please

Advertisement